1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mods for IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Vengeance Incarnate, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

As the topic says, are there any mods for IWD2?

If there aren't, are there any being developed or planned?

The reason this question comes to mind is that I've become very bored with the game and would like something new. I've finished all my games so I resorted to solo-ing IWD2(with no less than 9 different character builds), that was 2 months ago. Now after the crashing failure of my Rogue/Bard(Rogues just don't cut it in this game), I was wondering if there was a new way to spice up IWD2 so that it does't sit in my drawer until CDs are obsolete.

(By mods I mean something like The Darkest Day for BG2)

[ July 07, 2003, 13:48: Message edited by: Rubedo ]

2. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31

I've checked all and downloaded some of those mods(like the Ease of Use mod)

I'm looking for something to expand the game itself, like an add-on or expansion or something. I know some unofficial stuff has been done for BG2 I was just wondering if there was anything for IWD2.

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I think it's too early for that as of yet. I mean, TDD didn't come out until some time after BG2 was released. Also, there are as of yet hardly any tools for IWD modding. It's harder than you think mate, trust me.

6. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31

I know it's hard; I've some BASIC programming.
    By basic I mean the simplest form you can think of.

Anyway since there aren't any finished products are there any currently being developed?

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What about that Icewind Gate everyone was talking about a while ago..? I cant wait for that to be released.

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think Icewind Gate changes BG2 to use IWD2 rules. It's not a mod for IWD2 itself.

9. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

:bang: i shouldnt have sold my copy of it, then.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.