1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Modifying the keymap.ini file

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Morgoth, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Having just finished BG1 again. I moved my fighter/cleric to BG2 to continue the saga. However, in BG1 I made some modifications to the keymap, this with the config utility. Most importantly, Ctrl-W became Quick-load and ` became Select all.

I really like ` to be Select all, since it is the normal resting spot for my left ring finger while playing games and using + (the configured one) is such a bother since it involves:
    1) looking away from the screen,
    2) finding the button,
    3a) moving my left hand away from it's resting spot, or
    3b) moving my right hand away from the mouse
    4) press the button
    5) reposition my hand wherever it was before I wanted to select my entire team.

Catch my drift? Now, I didn't have much trouble with setting Quick-load, but 'Select all' doesn't seem to be modifiable through the config ulitity, and manually setting the value from + to ` doesn't have any effects in the game. Is there a way to fix this?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] When you type the "`" into the console what key comes up?

American keyboard mapping might be making the difference. Was definitly fun trying to enter cheats with a british keyboard at first.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The ` character comes up. For Windows, I only use the American keymap since the Dutch keymap forms somewhat of an obstacle during programming.

This thought just came into my head: The Infinity Engine can be modded. Can a mod force the engine to respond differently to certain key presses? i.e. For every entered key, check if it equals ` and if so, select the entire group. Is such a thing possible?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.