1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Modding the Invisibility state

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by theflyingzamboni, Aug 28, 2011.

1. theflyingzamboni Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is this possible, or is it hard-coded into IE? I'm hoping to increase the THAC0 bonus for being invisible/hidden because I'm sick of my Thief missing his backstab 50% of the time. It makes no sense! The enemies have know idea that an invisible character is there, and the character has all the time in the world to line up the perfect strike. It should be an almost automatic hit. Anyway, those are the reasons. The problem is, I don't know what kind of file this would be stored in. I'm using NearInfinity.

2. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I imagine you could probably alter any invisibility spell to also add a temporary thac0 bonus. But you would need to remove the thac0 bonus after the first strike.

I'd be surprised if you could alter the effects of invisibility itself though.

I must say, this is the reason I never use a pure class thief in BG2. Their thac0 progression is terrible and they can never have more than one proficiency point in any weapon, so I'm not surprised that a pure class thief has trouble hitting anyone. Remember even if someone is unaware you are there, your armor still provides protection.

3. theflyingzamboni Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In that case I would also need to edit the Hide ability to have the same effect, and I'm not sure where to look to edit that either. I understand that armor would have an effect as well, but armor has weak points which the thief would presumably be able to identify and exploit, and the +4 THAC0 bonus is not sufficient to account for that in my opinion. That's my logic, anyway. So if someone could tell me how to edit the spells and the Hide ability to have a one-shot THAC0 bonus, I would much appreciate it.

4. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

are you using shadow keeper affects page?

easiest way to solve your problem is to chose a fighter/thief class either multi or dualed (either way is good but multi is the best), they are so much better than the pure thief class. with a pure thief, you only get 1 attack per round and with the HLA assassination, your thief is a wimp! fighter thief will give you up to 4per round.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.