1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod to change NPC's personality

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Skywind, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have been thinking lately. I find Anomen a petty powerful character. It's just that he loves to boast. So why not someone create a mod to change his character or personality to a better one? Or does the "banter pack" mod solve this problem or is there already other mod/s that does this?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have always seen it that you take the good with the bad, like anyones personality and attributes.

If you 'doctor' the NPC's then I think you lose something.

And you may as well play as 6 characters created by you via multiplayer options.

EDIT - That said, if Aerie whines one more time I swear she will end up flame grilled and covered in the colonels secret blend of herbs and spices! ;)

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I agree with Chelsea. If you want a group of disgustingly obebient yes-(wo)men, just start a multiplayer game and create 6 of them.

It's the NPCs dinstictive personalities that add so much to the game, even the one's you don't particularly like--that's called "conflict," and it's the thing great stories are made of.

Honestly, as much as you may not like Anomen, I think you'd miss him if he were to become too agreeable.

Slight spoiler ahead....

And another thing, depending on how you interact with mister Delyrn over the course of the game, there is an opportunity for him to learn some humility along the way.

4. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I knew that spoilter.....
    It's just that even after he pass the test, there are still some banter he has with other npcs that still have hint of boasting....

5. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah he can be boastful, and I cring sometimes when he says "what is it NOW" as i click on him. But hey that's the way he is.

Later on he does have some kind words to say, and he starts to live up to him boastful nature.

For me he took out the Omar Temple and Bodhi's laire almost single handedly after giving him just a few items. Class.

He did the same for the vamps prison in TOB too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.