1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod Order Help

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by BlueShoe, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all I have played bg and bg2 for years now. I have tried one or two mods here and there. Its been years since I have played, but I got bored and decided to add alot of various mods in. I seem to be doing it wrong. I mean I know mods can cause wonky-ness, but this is unplayable wonk-ness. Anywyas here is a list of the mods I want to install and the general order I am trying to install them...Just based off things I have googled

BG2 FixPack
    BoM Item Pack
    Magnificant Magic Shop
    Freedoms Reign and Virtue

The Darkest Day
    Assension
    Redemption
    The White Queen
    Tower of Deception
    Snakes

Fake Import
    Dungeon Be Gone
    High Level Abilitie

Auren
    Tyris
    Ilyos
    Grumpy Old Sod Mod
    Isra
    Solaufein (possible) if not now later

Megamod Kits
    Holy Avenger Kit

Bg2 Tweeks
    Level-1 NPCs

Thats it. I am not sure which are weidu and which arent. All are done on auto install through the little black and white screen....dos I think ? OH btw i am using the DnD Athropology cds, not the original or 4 in 1 box set...if that matters.................Another qeustion...while playing with the istall I notied in the dos..( I have the weidu 23100 program) that is lists the mods in version order.......does that mean I can just write down the order its laying them out in and it will help with install ?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have the 5-cd version, and don't know all of those mods. However, nobody has responded to you in several days, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Start with the game, then Throne of Bhaal, then the official patch.
    Next install the fixpack.
    Now go for the tweaks since many of the later ones may override it if you do the stacking.
    I think you should hold off on level 1 NPCs until last so that any 3rd party NPCs it recognizes (I can't recall if it does or if I did it) will be fixed.
    As long as they are Weidu mods, which most modern ones are, they should install in almost any order from this point on.

3. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
  4. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31

I appreciate the feed back, mainly from the first one...your a sweetie......and thank you for the link...to number two...I hope it helps. I did try to read one mega mod order page and it made my brain melt......I am not techno savy ....it might say " go to so and so and do this" but its assumed your a techno geek and know where so and so is....when I have time I am going to see if I can work through this.....I have heard of this big word project......but I thought that was for stringing bg 1 and bg2 together

5. coineineagh

Media:
    That's BGT, Baldur's Gate Trilogy, an important part of a megamod setup. The BWP or Big World Project isn't designed to make your brain melt (it's the mod compatibility issues for getting 500 or so fanbuilt mods working harmoniously together that does that), it's supposed to make installing lots of mods easier. The pdf is especially helpful. You can just type ctrl+F to find the mod you want to install, and it will mention any incompatibilities or necessary install orders. If you're searching with ctrl+F, I found that searching for the exe works best. If you search for "ascension" for example, you'll have to trudge through the 50 or so other mentions of the mod in the pdf. If you search for "ascension.exe", you'll go straight to the subchapter dealing with its installation (Ascension is one of the worst, by the way - it's recommended to install its components in three separate parts, with other mods installed in between. So there are in fact 3 subchapters dealing with ascension's installation).

6. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31

Ah well, thank you so much for the advice. That was very helpful....now you're a sweetie too. I hope this program is " me" proof". I Dled it and the english text and the fixpack. Though I wonder if the DnD Anothology even needs the patch. I know some of the later released cd's dont. Atleast thats what I have read

7. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31

I just wanted to say I found the BWs/BWP and it works great. I always get help here. People are so nice....thank you

8. coineineagh

Media:
    You're welcome. I often ask for help with modding myself, so I'm happy to help others if I can.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.