1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod Mirror needed

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bloodtitan, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

hi

i am trying to install the big picture mod collection but i lack some required and compatible files...

the problem is that all mirrors linked here and even the blackwyrm mirror are down so i cannot get them. i was able to connect to the blackwyrm mirror for a shot time but downloading 80mb at 2kb/s is a torture ... and the download stopped at 17% and i couldnt connect to blackwyrm again.i ask if one of you got them available so i could download them from a FTP server or similar ...

i need:
    Tortured Souls 5.01 + 5series patches
    The Big Picture
    Freedom's Reign / Reign of Virtue
    Redemption 1.13

thx in front
    Bloodtitan

[ January 25, 2005, 16:50: Message edited by: Bloodtitan ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Sign up for an SPS account and you can download the whole lot on a fast connection, that's the best advice I can give you.

3. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

you missunderstood, nearly all the SP links to the mods i need are dead by now they need to be anewed. i guess SPS account holders dont have a faster connection to the blackwyrm mirror or? that server isnt really related to SP.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, I understood perfectly, you misunderstood. SP links to those files on the public pages to servers which have them, which unfortunately have their own set of issues (one goes up and down, the other one is reportedly slow and has time out issues). The SPS account holders get access to all the large mods and a bunch of other goodies like demos etc. in a private area on SP. And the connection there is as fast as anything else you download from SP, which means quite fast.

5. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

oh that's nice then.
    bad thing is i am unemployed atm and got no spare money for donations. i would donate for sure, being guest here for so long.

well thx for the tip anyway.

6. icelus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

7. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Might want to try those links there, wiseguy... They're the same as on SP. And the Singapore mirror is down, as usual, and he already said the other mirror we gave him, Blackwyrm, is no good for him.

And no one said he HAS to pay for anything. It's simply the only other alternative in this case.

8. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've always found ftp://mirror.intermedia.com.sg/pub/iegmc/ to be a pretty reliable source. I'm not sure if its the same Singapore mirror that's linked to in the thread, but it works fine here (I've downloaded 3GB or so from it at a pretty much constant 40kb/s).

[EDIT] I think the difference is that the links on the thread use http://, which doesn't work. ftp:// seems to make the link work.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Thank you for contributing something contructive, SimDing0! The http:// version of the Singapore mirror has been more down than up the last couple of months. I've changed links to go there 2 months ago and I get complaints from people that it doesn't work every few days. Obviously they're having some issues with the http part, but ftp seems to work mine. I'll probably be changing links to that.

10. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

yes thanks again to you two. i used cuteftp and this link and i was able to download the files at nearly 16kb/s which is great :)

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The Black Wyrm network is experiencing some technical difficulties but everything will be fixed in a month or two.
    Meanwhile, to all those who can't get one or more of these major mod(s), I recommend to buy an SPS account at SP, it isn't expensive at all so it definitely worths it,

The Singaporian server's problems are due to the tzunami which damaged several important internet lines in that region. The situation with the IEGMC Asia will probably get better with time.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Ahh, of course... thanks for the info, Baronius.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.