1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc turning hostile

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by callahashani, Dec 17, 2004.

1. callahashani Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok i have minsc in my party and im at the gnoll encampment. everytime i try to rest there he leaves and attacks my party...... i took my time getting there yes and rested quite a bit.... but im there why is he leaving? is he set on a timer for how many game days...is there anyway to fix this or could i possibly go back to an earlier save and just kick him out and take him again?

[ December 17, 2004, 16:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If you are at the gnoll stronghold, then dont rest. Just keep going until you find Dynaheir. Then he will never leave, unless you boot her out of course. You find her in one of the pits up the first staircase you come to.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i think if you rest at that point, or perhaps you've just taken too long to find dynaheir, he just ups and leaves. so i'd go with Takara's advice and just go and save her. the gnolls come at you practically just in pairs anyway so you can take them down fairly easily if you know what you're doing.

4. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just go to the Gnoll Stronghold, save Dynaheir and get out of there quickly. If you take too much time to save her OR rest in the Gnoll Stronghold area, Minsc will go berserk and attack.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

You could always just kill him before he leaves and resurrect him once you get Dynaheir. I had to do that once.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Can't you boot him out of the party, pick up Dynaheir in a timely fashion, and then return to Minsc? That should work...

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I think that if you boot him, he will go all hostile about you breaking a promise, IIRC.

8. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

He's certainly pretty touchy. I know he tries to kill you if you refuse to help him in the first place, so I guess it would be the same for booting him prematurely.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Time to find Dynaheir before Minsc gets angry, is a tenday (or so i read).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.