1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc turning bad - help

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by drayvern, May 6, 2002.

1. drayvern Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So yeah,
    Minsc wants you to rescue dynaheir,
    so i left him outside the nashkel mines,
    rescued the girl,
    and went to reclaim my minsc.

HOWEVER...

as soon as he joined the party
    (with dynaheir included)
    he instantly informed me i havn't rescued her,
    and proceeded to attack my party.

Is there any way i can change the timer or something so that minsc will just rejoin properly like a good little minsc without attacking me?

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Don't worry, be happy, now you don't need to include the most annoying npc in the game in your party.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why didn't you imclude Minsc into your group?

4. drayvern Gems: 1/31

I didn't include him because i had him so long without getting dynaheir
    that it got to the point whereby after 1 rest of 8 hours/changing maps etc.
    He'd turn hostile on me.

There must be a variable for how long minsc goes before turning on you or something,
    any ideas anyone?

Drayvern

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

From me. Not on any of thouse lines. Depending on what your main charictor is you may or may not need Minsc so you could just kill him and go for a different party arangement. If you need help along that line of thought look around on the boards or post for advice. Have fun and play well.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

You could try this:
    Walk up close to Minsc, kick Dynaheir out of your party, be sure you can take her back into your party though, and talk to Minsc. Once you've gotten rid of Dynaheir, talk to Minsc and get him to join your party. Now, go talk to Dynaheir, and Minsc should be content on having rescued his witch.

Of course, I can't guarantee that this will work for you, but it did for me.

7. kinslayer01 Gems: 1/31

you don't need him - any way :nono:
    if you want a ranger - go to highhedge
    there is one north of the building :wave:

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] you don't need him - any way
    if you want a ranger - go to highhedge

It's been a while, what Ranger is waiting there? I mean wat's his (Her) name?

Anyway I had the same problem with Minsc, I just took all his neat stuff and caried on...There are about 26 NPC`s in the game, you will find a nice replacement. And if not try some of the things mentiond above.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The proble is just that you are too slow. Your way of acting was only possible when you wouldn't have minsc in your party at all. But you had him for 13 days in your party and you have only 14 days to rescue Dynaheir.... so something went wrong there.... that's the price you pay for not acting fast enough at this quest. I suppose you should play on.. without minsc. GO for Kivan at High Hedge, he is a great ranger.

10. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

SleepleSS, the name of the Ranger in High Hedge is Kivan, he makes an awesome archer. :)

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hmmm I know that Kivan dude, I had him in my party for a while, than I kicked him out to check out Brawen, and when I returned for Kivan, he did attack me!

Did I do something wrong or is it imposible to kick him out? Anyway Coran became my archer, when I found him later in the game.

12. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kivan attacked you? Odd . . . maybe it has something to do with Tazok? He had a vendetta against Tazok because it was Tazok that killed his love. Had you killed Tazok when you took him into your party?

What was your reputation? Kivan is CG, I think.

13. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

HERESY! You'll pay for this! :flaming:

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] Yeah indeed! :nolike:

Marnix... member of the Pro Minsc Front

15. DinoTiggy1 Guest

Don't forget Boo either...

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

No, I'm not forgetting Boo. Without the stupid hamster taking up a quick item slot, Minsc wouldn't be half as annoying. Ranger with brain damage, sheesh.

17. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If a ranger than kivan or koran( i don't know precisely his name- the boy who loves safana)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.