1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Michael Jackson - Round 2, Count 9

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Spellbound, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well, charges have now been filed - 7 counts of child molestation and 2 counts of feeding an alcoholic beverage to a minor. Here's one version:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/19/jackson.case/

I saw two news programs last night on the reaction of the Jackson family (already screaming mistreatment by the police on his arrest - dislocated shoulder and forced to sit in the little boy's room for 30 minutes! -- god that cracked me up). Anyways, it appears his brother is trying to charge police brutality, when film of Jackson coming out of the courthouse clearly showing him raising both arms quite high to wave and blow kisses to his fans. And sitting in the bathroom for 30 minutes would be so fitting! They should have dunked his head in the toilet -- it might have helped! :lol:

I also saw a conversation with the prosecuting attorney, who stated that he never had any question over the veracity of the little boy's accusations and that he is credible and will take the stand. He insists this has never been about money.

So, I'm curious.... there's lots of issues here. What are your thought?

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Personally never liked him, but that doesn't make ham a crminal. However, these recent event makes it quite clear that he is a loony, and should not be allowed anyway near children. Quite a fall really for the former king of pop!

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I don't know what happened to him. Other than the glove, he seemed almost normal back around when he released Thriller (which wasn't too bad an an album), but then he started going downhill...

4. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm no MJ fan but I totaly agree with this, they are accusing him for child molestation and using the fact that he loves children against him, on paper it seems a bit suspicious but where. is. the. evidence?
    These accusations do not appear to be anything other then rumors and the dictionary definition of this is

basically unproved accusations and anyone can start one and since MJ is so famous and such high profile he makes a very good target for the media who don't care about anything other then money, ever.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Eccentric is the word you're looking for. Crazy is when you're poor.

Also, I've no doubt that he had sexual relations with that boy, Mr. Sellers. However, if they have DNA proof, I don't think just an impeachment is going to suffice. I think they're going to remove him from office.

Also, he will be well loved in the prison system. It's not going to be like Jeffrey Dhamer; he's not going to get whacked. The maximum security prisoners will take GOOD care of him. For awhile, anyways. Usually you start good conduct hearing at 9months, and every 6 months after that. He'll probably make medium security on the "fast track", and minimal from there.

6. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I will repeat myself... what proof is there to say MJ is guilty of anything? I am not thinking of him as either guilty or innocent until theres proof "innocent until proven guilty"

7. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Casey.... The child's testimony is the EVIDENCE. The kid is totally reputable and would have no reason to lie. They haven't asked for any money...it's not about that.

And what about Jackson's attorney LYING about what the police did to him??? Dislocated shoulder??? The guy was seen waving to his fans less than 15 minutes after this was supposed to occur! It appears the fabrications are already starting -- just on the other side. :rolleyes:

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whether he has actually molested the child or not is up for the court to decide but it is put without question that he has a very twisted relation towards children, I would even go so far as to say that he is a pedophile. Even it would be found out that he hasnt anally raped the kids he has abused them in many ways. He exhibits many of the trademarks of a childmolester with his identification with the children, his bribing them, his friendship with them. He is a severely disturbed person and am in dire need of treatment.

9. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Essentic is the term people usually use to describe a "schizotypal" personality. It is defined as follows:

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hate to sound like a legal geek, but here it goes ...

The testimony of the child IS the evidence against MJ.

If it says what "The People" want it to say, and it's good enough for the jury beyond a reasonable doubt, then it's the only evidence that will be needed to convict.

If it isn't good enough for the jury beyond a reasonable doubt, then MJ walks. Does anybody recall OJ Simpson?

Things that can verify the testimony are often referred to as corroboration. Corroboration goes to the strength of the testimony as evidence. Presence of corroborative facts strengthen the testimony. Absence of them will weaken the testimony.

I say MJ's lawyer is going to have to walk a very difficult tightrope. His job is going to be trying to undermine the child's testimony on cross-examination. If he doesn't go far enough, not enough of a dent is punched in the child's testimony, and it will make out "The People's" case. If he goes too far, he'll look like a jerk in front of the jury, and they'll take it out on him by slamming MJ.

Sorry, the lawyer in me just couldn't resist.

11. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think Blackhawk has illustrated that eccentricity does not necessarily imply any mental deficiency or instability, it may, but it may also be someone who is far saner or far wiser than those around him, or does not like the people about him so chooses to remain distant or aloof. An old man in the mountains or the desert for instance- eccentric, but probably more on the ball than anyone else for miles (course that could be because there isn't anyone else for miles ;) )

I don't think MJ is one of these, but he may just be odd, that is, not crazy, maybe he just likes kids. A lot. Heh.

Well, I don't know if he did anything or not, and I can't decide based on what I know, but I definately think that there is someting wrong him him in some way, hell many ways, and I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, but I couldn't say for sure that I thought is was true.

Despite all his riches I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

12. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Actually I believe this family (saw it on the news) had gotten in quite a bit of legal trouble in the past. If I recall correctly, the mother was caught *shoplifting* and after security detained her, she filed charges against the mall for assault, or something.

The family is completely sketchy. The last case that Michael settled for had been a criminal trial as well. When he payed off the family, they dropped the charges. I do believe the family in question is just trying to strike oil here.

Now, whether or not that means he did or didn't do it... I have no idea, and actually no opinion on it one way or the other. Lots of red flags go up all over this case:

1. Eccentric (or lunatic, you make the call!) millonare that likes to be alone with kids, and has a chimp...

2. Family pressing charges, who have a sketchy background of frivolous litigious claims, and/or petty criminal activity. I believe the kids (brother or sister? both?) also changed their testimony a couple of times - they didn't see anything, they did see it and nothing happened, they did see it and something happened...

3. see number 1... what the @#$@% is a parent thinking sending their kid off with that guy!

Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    After what happened the last time when MJ paid of the kid who accused him and his familyh the law has changed and made it impossible to settle a criminal charge outside of court. The kid has to testify no matter what. I think the golddigging aspect isnt as prominent as it could have been.

14. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Actually I heard the same thing that ArtEchoke is referring to. The family has a somewhat shady past of trying to cash in on a couple of instances, but the details were not mentioned. It could be nothing, but keep in mind that if Jackson is convicted, then the family can collect. It's kind of like a bounty: conviction = $$$$$$$$.

[ December 23, 2003, 07:34: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The child's testamony is not enough evidence to prove beyond resonable doubt. No reason to lie? There any pleanty reasons to lie, at least 20,000 nice shiny gold (dollars) reasons to lie. No lawyer is going to stand up in court and call a child a lier because the jury would never accept that kind of treatment unless he can prove the child is lieing.

I think gold-digging is an issue here due to the nature of Wako-Jako's legal past, the well known rumors surrounding his 'love' for children and the child's family's legal background.

If not for his reputation from his singing career would Mike's case even be considered? A child testifies that a man did things to him. No evidence to back the claim (at least as far as I can tell). Just because children are innocent it doesn't mean they can't lie. The child's parents will always ALWAYS have more influence over what the child says than the legal system and the law. The child's bond with their parent at such an age is far too strong, they will believe anything the parent tells them - from the Easter Bunny to Santa.

I'm not saying Jackson is innocent, but I'm not saying he's guilty either. However if the accusation is all the prosecuters have to run by then prison won't have to put Tigger Tiger wallpaper on one of its cells.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Abomination - The jury hasn't been chosen yet, but I am fairly certain that you won't be on it (given that you are from New Zealand). That being said, you cannot say what you said above with any basis in reality. Put simply, juries have convicted on the testimony of one witness. I am a lawyer and have had discussions with many jurors after trials. You would not believe what they hang their hats on. :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.