1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Metallic cube, I can't buy it... so no modron maze?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dugesclin, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Dugesclin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I hear that she wants 200 golds for it...But I dont get the choice to buy it, is it a known bug or do I have to trigger with something else before...

[ December 18, 2005, 16:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

IIRC, she wants a LOT more than 200, but that's not the point, is it?
    Anyways, who are you trying to buy it from?
    Also, if i'm not completely mistaken, you need to buy it via dialogue from the woman (can't recall the name, been really some time since i played Torment :( ), not from store.

3. Dugesclin Gems: 1/31

Yes Vrischika at the shop...

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    No triggers that I know of. You need to ask her about "special" goods. Keep asking to look at different parts of the store (there's 3 different displays) and it should be there. It's definitely there in version 1.1 anyway.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You need 1500 coppers to buy the Modron cube. If you don't have enough copper, the option to buy won't be available, so this is probably your problem.

Follow this dialogue tree:

Vrischika gives a quick half-bow. "Welcome back. Here to buy something?"

"Yes, I am."

"Would you care to examine the weapons and charms? Or some of my more *exotic* acquisitions?"

"The exotic items..."

Vrischika smiles as you look at the various shelves in the middle of the shop. "If you see nothing you like here, there are more items towards the front and the back of the store, as well."

Examine the metallic cube figurine.

You examine a small, metal replica of a cube-like creature with huge eyes on one of its faces. The toy has two legs, two arms, two folding wings, and at least eighteen points of articulation. Vrishika smiles as you pick it up. "A collector's item, perhaps, or a piece of artwork. Who knows? But I like it. If you do buy it, ask around... someone might know more about it than I. You can have it for only fifteen hundred copper coins."

"I'll take it."

"Yes," Vrischika purrs, "a wise choice." The copper you pour into her hand seems to disappear the moment in touches her palm; she hands you the item. "Please, enjoy your newest acquisition."

6. Dugesclin Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Yes I only have 800 by now..

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Go do some other stuff first, like go back to the Hive and kill some random thugs for loot, or take a trip into Undersigil. I had the same problem and i collected as many rings, earrings and other junk as i possibly could, and eventually i reached the 1500, and i went back and bought the tube. That's exactly where i am at the moment, exploring the maze.

8. Succubus Gems: 1/31

I found that one of the quickest ways of acquiring jink was by picking as many pockets as possible in the Clerk's Ward [after training the Nameless One to become a Thief, that is.] Then you sell everything you have in one shot [or items just decrease in value]. :cool:
    But the Modron Cube is definately worth looking into. :grin:
    You'll find all sorts of cool, interesting stuff in there [after looting the bodies of the contructs, of course]. Plus on the most difficult setting of the cube, you'll find somewhere in the maze a Rogue Modron warrior with a crossbow who can join your party. :thumb:
    Settings of the cube can be changed by entering the engineering room [which is the exit to the left from the main chamber]. Also, to enter and exit the cube, I think you need one of those Focus Lenses, or whatever they're called [so it's best not to sell all that you find].

I hope this helps. ;)

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You can exit Rubikon by using one of the Portal :) lenses or by talking to the modron engineer in the Engineering room, so you don't need to keep any of the lenses.

You can get back to the maze (only from Sigil) by using the modron cube.

10. Succubus Gems: 1/31

Thanks. ;) I couldn't quite remember which. It's been a while since I played Torment, but I did know that one of the options for exiting Rubikon was via a Portal Lense. I always held on to one, since it was easier than back tracking to the Engineering room all the time. :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.