1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Metal Music

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Melkhior, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Melkhior Guest

Anyone listening to heavy metal? Power metal? Black metal? Death metal? Nu metal? Prog. metal? Anything like that?
    I listen to all metal. It seems that I have gotten a lot of power metal nowadays. Blind Guardian rocks! So does every metal band, but BG is one of my favourite bands. So? Do you listen to metal?
    Or are you a lame rapper or discodude? :D

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

3. herf Guest

i love nu-metal, power meatl and death metal, my fave bands are slipknot, metallica, mudvayne, marylin manson and distrubed and amen.

casey chaos rules!

4. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Now this is a subject I LOVE ;)! I like everything from hard rock to heavy metal. DreamTheater are my favourite band and then you got Iron Maiden (Bruce has THE most amazing singing voice btw), Dio( don't judge me...), Blind Guardian, Nevermore, Savatage, Emperor, Dark Tranquility, Helloween, Hammerfall, Rhapsody and of course the good old hard rock classics Rainbow, Deep Purple, Guns n' Roses, Alice Cooper and so on... Well, I do seem to like *a few* groups, considering that after all I am a girl :D.

[This message has been edited by Stargazer rb-rjd (edited June 09, 2001).]

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I think metallica rules! :D

and since I love classic as well, I thought that S&M was something of greatest music I have ever heard

6. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah i like any sort of heavy metal.

7. hooligan_inc Guest

I like anytihng with a gutiar in it (faves; techno-metal, punk and especially Stadium rock)

KISS (all time no1 fave band ever)
    Misfits (all time no2 fave band ever)
    The Clash
    Sex Pistols
    Aerosmith
    Guns n Roses
    Disturbed
    Deftones
    Rob Zombie
    Bon Jovi
    Static X
    Fear Factory
    Nine Inch Nails
    RATM
    RHCP
    Green Day
    Merlin
    Cockney Rejects
    The Verve
    Oasis
    Marilyn Manson
    Wheatus (Dont laugh :))

(hang on: Marilyn Manson THEN Wheatus? Together? whatever0

8. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Metallica-a once great band

I still have a bootlegged tape from 82...and right on the tape James asks us to record the concert and share it with friends :)

wonder if they're gonna sue me now.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I used to listen to a lot more when I lived in a city with a decent radio station. KLSU always had a great heavy metal show called "The Rusty Cage" from 9-12 every monday night. Nowadays, I listen to what I can. The last few CD's I bought were Tool, Staind, Spineshank(great band IMO), among others. I mostly like metal bands that stand out as something different. Too many of them sound too much alike. And a lot of them don't have a good enough sound to really interest me. But quite a few do. Not a longtime fan of Metal. Mostly got into it the past few years with good rock bands mostly now existant there days. Damn I miss the early 90's :D

10. Glish Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL

I am a big fan of all metal, But i especially like thrash metal, and have recently discovered prog metal. Im forming a band, 6 members currently.

11. hooligan_inc Guest

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm also in a band. Its punk and it currently has 3 memebers. Its not complete but heres the link anyways... http://e45official.homestead.com/Homepage.html

Oh, and i like nu metal & punk.

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited June 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited June 10, 2001).]

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Once I tested an audience of Heavy listeners from my current study team. I used a musicmaker and put some random notes. Made a heavy guitar and an insane drumming. And just played it at a party. Noone complained.

The point? the point is just make noise and its metal. Let people believe its a popular band and they like it.

Manipulation is :cool:

14. hooligan_inc Guest

I could record a bunch of pissed-up millwall fans and play it a party and no one would complain.

Metal isnt just noise - just listen to anything by Slayer and you will be astonished.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yes I was pretty one-dimensional. I listen to Heavy when I am :mad: I guess I just wanted to complain that many people play crap! and call it Metal! shame on them.

Side note:
    Millwall is awesome coolest club ever
    http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/ http://www.millwall-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp http://www.skysports.com/skysports/football http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/foot/engl/t/mill/index.html http://www.titsfannyandmillwall.co.uk/abuse.html http://hearthelionroar.gq.nu/index.html http://www.geocities.com/millwallfc_uk/

been with them 15 years and still going. I am sad that Harris is out next season. Damn I feel sorry for him. :( cancer sucks :mad: .Cancer is what I work with in my studies. It must be cured!

To all of those Who doesn't give a damn about soccer. And doesn't know Millwall and know a bit about english geography at least read this fun story. 1 minute of Your time max!

Its a math exam. hehe read and wheep.

NAME_____________________________
    NICK-NAME________________________
    GANG NAME________________________

1. Shug has 0.5 kilos of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Malkie for 300 quid and
    90 grams to Gozy for 90 quid a gram, what is the street value of the rest of his
    hold?

2. Elroy McKay pimps brassers. If the price is 40 quid a shag, how many shags per
    day must each brasser perform to support his 500 quid a day crack habit?

3. Whacker wants to cut the kilo of cocaine he bought for 7,000 bar, to make a 20%
    profit. How many grams of strychnine will he need?

4. Christy got 6 years for murder. He also got 350,000 for the hit. If his common
    law wife spends 33,100 per year, how much money will be left when he gets out? Extra
    credit bonus: How much more time will Christy get for killing the slapper that spent
    his money?

5. Bagga steals Dunky's skateboard. As Bagga skates away at a speed of 35mph, Dunky
    loads his brother's piece. If it takes Dunky 20 seconds to load the gun, how far
    will Bagga hve travelled when he gets whacked?

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 10, 2001).]

16. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm just getting into all this new age stuff that seems to be doing the rounds, I have always liked stuff like:

Metallica
    Guns N Roses
    Megadeth
    Blind Guardian
    Kiss
    AC/DC
    The Misfits (during both there punk and metal phases)
    Alice Cooper
    Ozzy Ozbourne
    Black Sabbath
    Cradle Of Filth (not quite)
    Tool (you mist out the ever popular Tool style of Cerebral-Metal)
    Motorhead
    Iron Maiden

Then of course I got into (recently)

Korn
    Slipknot
    Marylin Manson
    Soulfly
    Spineshank
    System Of A Down
    Amen
    Static-X
    Taproot
    Mudvayne
    and Defenestration

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hehe, I think that showing my nick says enough. However I like many types of rock-music and other music, I even got both Era cd's :)

But I also enjoy metal, but nu black or death metal, coz of the bad, negative lyrics. My favorit is Symphonic Rock/Metal, and the greatest band of course Rhapsody.

18. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Motörhead!!!!!!!

19. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Old Topic reviver! :mad:

20. shadow_thief Guest

Whatever...I don' think there has be a heavy metal topic, just music topic. Personally, I used to hate all metal bands. Now I can handle it...thx to my bro. grr

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.