1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A lot can happen in 20 years, and amazingly, 2019 is the year that marks the 20th anniversary of Sorcerer's Place going online. The list of things that haven't changed over this long period of time is definitely shorter than the list of things that have remained the same. The world at large is a much different place today than it was in 1999, and the gaming universe even more so. Thanks to @catbert , even SP received a huge overhaul this year. :kneel: I can't say how much each of our team members has changed over the last 20 years, but for myself I like to think that I'm at least a bit more grown up and wiser today.

Despite real life and work commitments taking up a much larger chunk of my time than when I started SP all these years ago, I'm happy that I still manage to maintain it and drive things forward to an extent. Also, I am extremely grateful that many of the crew members who've been with me practically from the beginning are still around on a regular basis. @Beren , @Blackthorne TA , @dmc and @catbert continue to regularly contribute to either content creation, revision, coding, general operation of the website & the forums, and more. I can't thank these guys enough for all the time and effort that they pour into SP, so please join me in wishing them all the best and hopefully convincing them to stick around for another 2 decades. At least! :D

A huge thank-you also goes out to all of our supporters helping me keep the lights on month after month, all the content contributors, as well as our casual visitors -- you're the reason why SP/BoM exists. I'd like to wish everyone a merry Christmas, happy holidays and a fantastic 2020 to come! :thumb:

Oh and since we haven't posted the traditional adventuring carol in a while, here's a video version...

henkie likes this.
  2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That song takes me back almost 20 years, back when I seemed to stumble on these things a lot more :)

Thanks for keeping the boards alive for so long Tal (and of course @Beren , @Blackthorne TA , @dmc and @catbert)!

Taluntain likes this.
  3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Merry Christmas everyone! Happy to still be here :)

Taluntain likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.