1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Merlanni grows up

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Merlanni, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Merlanni is a half elf that I use every game for the first run, the first being bg2 when it was new. She ended in NWN HOTU with 6 fig/22wiz/3AA E dex fighter based wizard with katana / shortsword. I once made a 800 a4 pages big good versus evil story in which she was born in the aftermath. That story is to big and in dutch so alas. My elves are not so nice, more like the samoerai in Japan. They hate mixed blood but much can happen in love and war.

"I still cannot believe he is going to do it. Mother has been dead for two years and already he is going to re-marry!" With those words she slammed de taverndoor shut and walked straight to the bar, right trough four tugs who were to surprised to act. At the moment that she entered the tavern they were just about to pick a fight with an obnoxious drunk elf. Well, the four had time for some entertainment so they tapped her on the shoulders. "Hey stupid girl get away so that we can work on the elf" The tug leader grinned, now having some public around. Merlanni turned about and looked to the four tugs. Now she saw that they were equipped with all kinds of hardware in their hands of poor quality. "Get way yourself. Not nowing what to do after such a remark they looked around and saw a few armed elves looking their way and turned around towards their previous affairs. That was an odd man at a table who obviously was paying the tugs for their service and their drinks. The tavern relaxed while Merlanni tried to get the drunk elf to his feet. But Ertum, her second youth friend, was far to drunk to be standing. Agitated she waited for her other friend to come in to yell at. Meanwhile the four tugs got in an argument with the man who was paying the bills. It stopped after the arrival of the fifth tug. Now Merlanni was intriged by the tugs. She looked at them as her instructors told her in the royal guards. Bad news, but amateurs, she decided. But soon her thought dwindeld to the marriage of her human father, the duke of Velm. The accidental death of her mother, the weaponmaster and commander of the elven army still hurted her much. The training at the royal guards, the magical training, it was done to make her numb enough to get over the situation with some ease. Rannika entered the tavern and spoke some words with Merlanni before she left again. Merlanni looked at the tugs and knew that they were up to no good. with a spell she listened to the conversation that was going the wrong way. "Only two weeks more and than you are on your own against Holgra."
    "I know, you have all my money."
    "Do not be afraid, we are men of honor."
    "I noticed, did you had to rape that barmaid." Merlanni listened some more to the tugs who were having fun with their next victim. Their language was of the north, no surprise here, but the victim's not. He spoke with an small timelapse and childish grammar. Suddenly he looked at her which told her that he knew. The spell was broken by the second arrival of Rannika who was annoyed. "Why are men so stupid?" She adjusted her clothes that she had put on in a hurry and left trough the backdoor. The object of her annoyance came in and saw a glimpse at the back door and followed, but Merlanni stoped him. "Later when she is realxed." The boy left from Merlanni's view to be replaced by the victim. "Why did you listen?"
    "Bad habit. It is so easy." For a period of time the victim stood there looking at the halfelven female and decided to take a change. "I must go to that big city in the south, Lelemund. This is the town Velm?" He placed a badly drawn map on the table for her to look at. While she redraw the map the man told a part of his story. He was on his way to Lelemund for magical support from the arch-mage and the royal court. "Legos is not there but in a small town a week from here. She added it on the map. And auntie Oni, I mean queen Onimelle is here with the court. Lelemund is a ruin after the war. The whole city was ransacked and burned to the ground. But Onimelle will never see you during the feast, nor will the elvenqueen Javia or their dwarven friend. If it is pressing, go to the mage-tower in Towerville." The man stared at merlanni, surprised of what she said. "But I can make that within a week." The man was relieved and left with his hired help. At the same moment Ranikka came out of hiding while she returned her sword to its scabberd. "Odd group."
    "Yes, odd. They want to visit Legos. Relaxed the two women ate their lunch while they talked. "We better follow them."
    "So that we can be away from your fathers wedding? Ok, I will sober up the little thief and take care of the horses. You will do the supplies and cover our tracks." And so their lives changed.

At that moment the duke of Velm, Grumm of Borin was joined with the daughter of count Poldra. The happy bride was the center of the festivities as so planned by Onimelle. He would never agreed, but Merkanni asked it at her deathbed. And Onimelle made it all possible, with a big smile. Just four week ago she arrived here at Velm, instead at the mixed city of Elvenwatch. Her entourage arrived later at the same time as the elves. It was neatly planned and he knew that there was no escape. He had been ordered to join them later when the court was settled in. Only two persons in this world could have kept it a secret, and that were to two elvenprinces Ray and Kay Olon. Their kid sister was made queen much to the relieve of the two swashbuckling pranksters and their elder docile sister. They sat down with Grumm after the ladies had retired and the rest of the men dragged off. Grumm started.
    "Kay, such betrayel, why?" Ray sniggerd.
    "Are you not happy, you said yes."
    "Even now a bit of revenge from your own marriage." Ray stopped grinning. He was still a bachelor and married to the road as they say. "I just want to share my happiness with you. "And so they went on for a time until an messenger enterd the room. "She left town with her two friends. She adds someting about a stange man seeking Legos and is following him to the magetower." Grumm waited until the words were sinked in. "Why do all those Olon's have such a flight behaviour?"
    "He has got you there Kay, nobody has run so far and so fast as you."
    "And to no end." Kay took the note and read between the lines. "I agree, she needs to be thaught a lesson." Grumm smilled.
    "Well it takes an Olon to catch an Olon." Whit those words Kay got up to make preperations, much to Ray's delight. After a hour ray also left but was stopped in the dooropening. "he cannot go."
    "Yes I know," said ray, "Enla will be pissed with us. I will tell him in the morning after he has made preperations."

Well, I just translated the first chapter of a story into english. As stated before english is my second language so a lot got lost in translation. I hope this is the meaning of this forum.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.