1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mendas of Waterdeep

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Mornur Faus, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Mornur Faus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Playing ToTSC. Just returned from island and now face Mendas. Can't seem to get past him though with Mendas duplicating himself. Any strategy on how to beat these odds?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Cast every protective spell you've got on yourself first (before going in).
    Then try some domination/hold person/dire charm spells on the extra wolvere(s).
    You should get at least one on your side for a while.
    That should help you out a bit. Summoned monsters can be helpful too. (If only for cannon fodder).

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hey, speaking of TotSC, did anyone ever beat Shandalar? I tried to take him out numerous times, but he kept dimension dooring away and I could never find a way to kill him fast enough. Anyone ever accomplish this feat. Sorry to get off topic, but the topic reminded me of this question.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The same questions popped up a year ago or so and it was determined back then that he's unkillable, same as Elminster.

5. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

you can kill Shandalar, with a mage/thief or an invicebelety spell and magic missles, Aproach him invicebel and cast a magic missle then run away and go invicebel again and attack him again with magic missle, you might need to rest sometimes but he's worth it- Robe of neutral archmagi, potions,lvl. 4 and 5 spells and more exp. that you get for killing Drizzt!

6. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Anyone who manages that, send me a screenshot of it.

7. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll send you one this month!

8. Pitlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I positioned my party in a circle around him but far enough away so his fireballs did not reach them.
    I let Jaheira charm some commoners which I sended to attack Shandalar. While he's busy with them I equipped 4 party members with a wand of magic missiles. I found out they did most damage (most of the time 5 HP) per shot and they are quick so they disrupt his spellcasting. My mage Dynaheir was constantly casting dispel magic.
    That way he goes down rather quickly. I found out that you have to time the first dispel magic spell very well so it hits just after Shandalar's globe of invulnerability goes in effect.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.