1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Melissan's stats/abilities & her equipment info?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I know I asked this many many years ago but couldn't find anything about it. What are Melissan's stats/abilities & her equipment info?

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I believe she cannot be hurt by anything but strong magic weapons (+5? or better).

I do know in the vanilla game she came with a way to instakill undead that attacked her.

EDIT: I though some spells hurt her but I overestimated their impact.

To fight her I found it very helpful to have a couple of good tanks and even a high level wizard slayer in the party (a wizard slayer isn't required but was useful in 1 battle I had with her-would jam up her spellcasting on occasion).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Did you ask? I remember answering a similar question (about Jon Irenicus, maybe), but couldn't find anything on Melissan on the search.

But anyway, in SK I can find a finmel01.cre (Melissan), how has:
    STR 19
    DEX 20
    CON 22
    INT 18
    WIS 19
    CHA 21

And 250 hp, base AC of -8, base THAC0 of -7, and 5 attacks per round. Nothing much in her inventory except a helmet without animation, a belt (SAREVIMM), a spear (SPERMEL), and some throwing darts (DARTMEL). None of these items have a specific description, so you'd need to view them in something like NearInfinity to get their exact stats.

She has no spells (innate, wizard, or priest), so I suppose her spellcasting is instead scripted.
    She has 3 dots in darts and spears, and 2 dots in two handed weapon style.
    She has 100% resistance to acid, cold, electricity, and fire. For physical damage, she has 50% resistance to crushing, piercing, slashing, and missile. She also has 90% magic resistance.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    On top of that, she's got following:

Bonuses:
    • Very low saves
    • Increased attack speed (+2)
    • Increased spellcasting speed (+4)
    • Increased movement speed (+4)
    • Can see invisible creatures
    Immunities:
    • Non-magical weapons
    • +1 and +2 weapons
    • 1st and 2nd level spells
    • Backstab
    • Stun and paralysis effects
    • Hold effects
    • Kill effects (including petrification and disintegration)
    • Poison
    • Disease
    • Mind-affecting effects (confusion, berserk, charm, fear, etc.)
    • Polymorph effects
    • Imprisonment (and maze)
    • Level drain
    • Teleportation
    • Knockback
    • Sleep effects
    • Time stop
    • Silence
    • Entanglement (including web)
    • Sarevok's special crits
    Weapons:
    • Spear: 2d10 cold, -5% to MR and -1 to saves for 2 rounds, causes slow and stun for 3 rounds, instakills undead and summoned monsters
    • Bone Daggers: 1d6 cold, causes disease and stun for 5 rounds

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  5. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Good god batman what ISN'T she immune to. Looks like just good old fashion physical damage and maze.

:thanks:

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Spells (scripted, first and second fight):
    • Stoneskin (start of each fight and then every 5 rounds after 3 min if depleted)
    • Heal (every 5 rounds if she's low on health)
    • Destroy undead (once per round if in view)
    • Taint of the Slayer (turn dead character into shadow)
    • Summon undead (once per 2 minutes, to a maximum of 3 times, including any casting of Taint of the Slayer)
    • True Sight (every 10 rounds if anyone tries to go invisible)
    • Time Stop (once)
    • Haste (every 3 rounds on enemies if she can't see you)
    • Summon Nishruu/Efreeti/Hakeashar (if she can't see you or you're not engaging her)
    • Death Spell (on any summoned creatures, every 2 rounds)
    • Earthquake (randomly [1 in 3] if you're not in close range, sets big spell timer to 2 minutes)
    • Unholy Word (randomly [1 in 3] if you're not stunned, sets big spell timer to 1 round)
    • Sunray (randomly [1 in 3] if you're close, sets big spell timer to 1 round)
    • Pierce Shield (randomly [1 in 4] if you're shielded)
    • Dispel Magic (randomly [1 in 4] if you're buffed)
    • Greater Malison (randomly [1 in 3], every 5 rounds)
    • Feeblemind (randomly [1 in 4], on arcane casters)
    • Symbol, Fear (randomly [1 in 4])
    • Symbol, Stun (randomly [1 in 4])
    • Magic Missile or Symbol, Death or Fireball (randomly [1 in 4], if you can't bounce spells and aren't magic resistant)
    Note, however, that the lower on the list you get, the lower the chance of it happening. The chance of her casting magic missile on you is incredibly small.

Additional Spells (third fight):
    • Summons four slayer shadows (start of fight)
    • Time Stop (twice, randomly [1 in 2 then 1 in 3], 5 round timer)
    • Blade Barrier (every 5 rounds)
    • Summon Slayer Shadow (max 3 with other summoned undead)
    • Storm of Vengeance, Power Word, Kill, and Bigby's Crushing Hand (instead of Earthquake, Unholy Word, and Sunray)
    • Spellstrike (randomly [1 in 3] if you're buffed with protections)
    • Finger of Death and Maze (instead of Symbol, Fear and Stun, randomly [1 in 3])
    Final Round (fourth fight):
    • Summons demons and slayer shadows (start of fight)
    • Time Stop (randomly [1 in 2], every 5 rounds)
    • Improved Alacrity (every 4 rounds)
    • Bone Blades, Elemental Summoning, Comet, Bigby's Crushing Hand, and Dragon's Breath (replace her big spells, randomly [1 in 3], variable timer)
    Except where noted otherwise, she retains spells from previous rounds.

She also uses her special "whirl" attack every couple of rounds that deals minor damage, but knocks you away and unconscious for a few seconds.

She's immune to maze.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Those scripted heals and stoneskins always get on my nerves in those boss fights. They can be particularly annoying on solo runs, when you don't have enough damage output per round to outpace their heals.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The fight is poorly designed to say the least. But then, most of ToB leaves much to be desired.

9. henkie

Media:
    The scripted-ness of enemy casting is not specifically an issue with only ToB, I'll note. But it does become more endemic, especially towards the end of ToB.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.