1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Megalomaniacs

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

So all of the countries have settled their disagreements and united. You have just been declared overseer of all leaders, practically making you ruler of the earth and its all up to you to make decisions that effect the entire world. What would you do?

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Improve health care worldwide, by improving education, as well as funding as much scientific reseach as possible.
    Also, I would make same sex relationships legal everywhere, and get some sense on the subject how old can person be before they can have sex. Also, I would have very strong penalties for drug trade as well.
    Free speech everywhere, as well as freedom of religion.

But... of course I would still abuse my power to my petty desires, like getting revenge on people I dislike, like childhood bullies and uncaring teachers....

Ara
    (I am megalomaniac. The dctor's statement says so...)

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

First off all gasoline vehicles would be banned, alternatives like electricity or hydro vehicles instead. 2nd, a earning cap of 10 million per year, too many people are filthy rich while others are too poor, hopefully this would leave money for the rest of us poor saps. 3rd, I would legalize pot and all paper would now be produced using hemp instead of wood, and alternatives such as recycled steel to be used for building houses etc. 4th, all nuclear and biological weapons to be destroyed.

I have many more but i have to go to work and they have filtered this site *sob* :(

4. Arabwel

Media:
    [​IMG] Poor Kitiara! Filtered? Smart bosses, maybe the employees finally get something DONE...

I would also do most of the things you suggest. After all, we have only one planet.

Ara
    (Needs... chocolate... soon.. or.. else.. the Planet.. will.... die.... :))

5. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

Due to some current change in the site, I can now sneak to the forum from school(not that I'd want to do anything like that). And I did'nt even have to hack either. Maybe the boss will lax his security, you never know.

Maybe one change in the world that should be made, is to just go ahead and remove all security. It only makes for better thieves anyway.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Well I would get my minions to crush all that oppose me! And do most of the things on my list that I posted a while ago :)

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I would devote all earth resources to two things. First finding something that would make me immortal and hopefully giving me some nifty abilities.
    Second I would whip my scientists to discover interstellar travel and when that is done, build up an huge fleet and concquer some aliens. :evil:

8. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31

Besides the obvious, all sports stars would have a salary cap in line with the average years spent in that particular sport. Teachers would have a base salary of $100,000 per year with signing bonuses. The Arts would be reinstated in all school curriculums with the same emphasis as the Sciences. Knowledge is Power!!

Oh,.. I almost forgot. Death for all parking tickets and no dogs living with cats. That causes total anarchy.

9. Arabwel

Media:
    I'll take the immortal and alien conquer options as well.

Ara
    (Be serious about something, people...)

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I would take the "terminator" business.
    I'd start from this thread.

11. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

What do you mean by that Extremist?
    Terminate my thread?
    Terminate the people using the thread?
    Terminate the posts in the thread?
    Terminate some of the words that are in my post?
    Terminate me?
    Terminate a peice of thread that you are holding?
    Terminate , as in leave the thread?
    Start from the thread you are using and then terminate other threads?
    Terminate all life on earth?
    Terminate all life in the universe?
    Terminate all life and inorganic material that may be involved with this thread?

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 09, 2002).]

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Without reading anything from your list, I can say I mean all of those lines!

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

try keeping major cultural differences on such a low level that controlling the entire damn planet might even be possible

14. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Make automatic weapons mandatory.

15. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Conquer Mars and make its alien inhabitants produce Lion bars.

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"Make automatic weapons mandatory"

I second that.

"First off all gasoline vehicles would be banned"

I second that one too.

"all nuclear and biological weapons to be destroyed"

Hmmmmm. What if all those Aliens on Mars that ArchAngel capped rise up, and attack the earth like on Xcom1? You'll need *something* to fight back with...:lol:

17. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would become the world worst ruler by passing a law that the rulership of the world can be taken by anybody if they can remove the present ruler... ohh and I resign now (A true test to see if order can survive, or if we will fall into chaos)

18. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Round up all the pretty young girls and......mmmmmmm

19. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I would do as little as possible and allow power to devolve to local governments so that the damn people can govern themselves.

And also because I'm lazy.

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I second that. I'd either immediately defer power to someone else, chosen by some crazy electoral college system I can't be bothered coming up with, or decide everything by referendum (again by some byzantine system I'd have someone else invent).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.