1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Maybe I missed something but...

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by dkamnitzer, Apr 13, 2002.

1. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I fianlly finished the game the other day, and it was pretty incredible. The story lines for each character and the main character were pretty intense. The only thing that I wish I knew more about was the Lady of Pain. I don't think I missed anything, but what was her purpose to the story. It seemed like enough attention was paid to the charcter to warrant some type of inclusion into the main story. Did I miss something, or was it something left out of the game due to time constraints?

Darren

2. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

You have to understand that Planescape is a game setting for D&D that existed long before Torment. Torment was just based in this setting.
    The Lady of Pain is supposed to be mysterious. She is more of a force than a person. Even in the whole game setting, I don't think much is known about her besides what Torment tells you.
    You cannot meet her in Torment, except for her to kill/maze you in a video.

3. total Guest

Im intrested in that too. I want to read some of the books from Planescape setting, wich one are good to start?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There are only 5 books about Planescape, and all but one is out of print. You can get Torment (loosely based on the game's story) from http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_fr.php

And that's about it. The rest are the Bloodwars Trilogy (3 books) and Pages of Pain. All out of print.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. ArchAngel Guest

Troy Denning made "pages of Pain" Probably on SP book links too.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I removed the whole Planescape books subsection some time ago. Not much point in having it for 4 books, all out of print. The only one that's not, Torment, was moved among the CG Tie-ins on the page I linked to above.

7. Gonarch Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What's the purpose of the lady of pain doll?? except you can make her angry with it?

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] You can sleep with it, so you are not afraid of the dark, you can play with it if your party is mean to you :)

9. Megazell Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I read a Review that said that the Lady of Pain Doll brings you to a maze when you mess with it in Sigil.....I have tried over and over again....and it never works.....the only thing that did happen was that my Alignment changed after I messed with it from True Neutral to Chaotic Neutral and has not changed yet.....

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Need to worship it truly. Many times.

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Worship a doll, isn't Torment a fun game? I did worship the doll but I grow tired of it, she didn't maze me :(.

But now that I have seen your maze, I'm glad I wasn't send there, while I was seriously playing it, it's hard to find your way out! I loved to Modron maze, and Ravels but this maze is to maze like :) Yi-haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited May 03, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.