1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marrok's Forge

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Deathmage, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I have the last item required to give to Lady Aribeth to cure the plague. Now, I'm just wandering around, finishing off some quests. But what I want to know is, I can make some items in Marrok's Forge...I have dragon blood, fairy dust, holy water, etc. And I do have the money to buy some +1 weapons or so. My char is a level 7 Sorcerer and I'm not sure if I should make something with Marrok's Forge or move on to the next chapter and take advantage of the Wizard Labs (if there is one) and forges (if there is one). So should I make an item at Marrok's? And what's his best item? Thanks.

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The items at the forge are nice, but not earthshattering. While there is no forge in chapter 2, there is one in chapter 3 so you aren't forced to act now.

Btw, the components needed for the forge and the components needed to make wizard items don't overlap much at all, so you don't need to worry about that.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Thanks. But are the components rare at all?!?!?!

Maybe I'll make a nice Namarra Rapier for my Sorcerer...yeah...

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    SO far I've had Marrok make the following for me:

Uthgardt Ceremonial blade: Keen edged +1 2 bladed sword that does fire damage.

Harbinger Greatsword +1 - It does fire damage on each hit

Astral Longsord +1 - adds 1d4 sonic damage on hit

Mace of Disruption +1/+2 vs. undead

Stonefire Greataxe +1 - Fire damage again

Namarra Rapier +1 - 50% slowing target on hit

+1 Mornigstar +1 - I haven't used it, but I think it paralyzes targets 75% on hit.

5. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I personally think that you should be able to modify the weapons more than once, or do it so that different materials do different minor things, but they can be stacked. Just think of the possibilities. +3 longswords made of adamantite, but can confuse with fairy powder, and can destroy the undead with its holy-water. Obviously, each time you modify it, its more expensive, say from 500 to 1500 to 5000 and so forth, so you can't just make a godly weapon.

Adding basic magic should be a simple matter, turning a +1 sword into a +2 by casting certain spells, or paying a mage of some sort to do it for you.

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Certain components are rare, but most you end up tripping over all the time.

Diamonds, Adamantite, Dragons' Blood, and Special Holy Water seem pretty uncommon, though I think there are enough to make nearly all the items requiring those components.

Gargoyle skulls, fire beetle bellies, skeleton knuckles, quartz crystals, and a few others are EVERYWHERE, at least in chapter 2.

7. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I made the Astral Longsword +1 and the Desert Wind Scimitar +1 and I used them for a long time and liked them a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.