1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marek antidote?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by oddbean, May 28, 2006.

1. oddbean

oddbean Fear Me

[​IMG] Hi All,

I have been away from my saved game for a while and looking back in the journal I see I have given Lothander his part of the geas quest but when I go to the 2nd floor of the Blushing Mermaid to see Marek, I do not find him. I have installed SwordCoast Keeper and I believe I have installed Marek's anitidote but still no Marek on the second floor. Do need to export or extract the antidote? Besides the journal is there a way to see if I have completed the Marek geas quest? It has not been 10 days journal-wise since I have encountered Lothander and the poison.

Thanks all for any help you can give,
    oddbean

[ May 28, 2006, 16:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

So you gave Lothander the Geas Removal Scroll you got from Jalantha Mistmyr? And then presumably have a journal entry saying, "Lothander has given us half of the antidote. He told us that the other half is possessed by Marek, who stays at the Blushing Mermaid."? If you did & do, Marek should be on the 2nd floor of the Blushing Mermaid, a ways away from the stairs up and to the left, standing in the middle of a very ugly puke green rug. Presuming he's still not there for whatever reason, you can summon him up with this console code:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Marek")
    Information on the console cheats and how they work can be found here.

Remember, you have to talk to Marek to get cured. Just attacking him and taking his antidote won't work. The cure is in the dialogue.

3. oddbean

oddbean Fear Me

Thanks for your help. I did create Marek but all he said was the spiel when you first meet him (Hello friend...). In searching through the older posts on Marek and the BG1 journal, I have concluded the BG1 journal sucks big time in trying to figure out what you accomplished months ago!

I guess I completed the poison quest because it has been 18 days since meeting Lothander near the tents. (I was wrong about that originally)Somebody needs to put a warning on that journal! Definately not like the BGII journal.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

All I have to say is, damn you're lucky. Fortunately for you, the poisoning doesn't happen until you've talked to Lothander at the tents, or you'd be poisoned all over again. Of course, I can't rule out that you have anything that might "fix" that (maybe Baldurdash or Dudleyfix or something), so I'd suggest you reload to before you talked to the CLUAed-in Marek.

And yes, the journal isn't as handy as the BG2 journal, but it is a bit more realistic as an actual journal. Time-based rather than sorted (don't know how you'd manage that except maybe with loose papers), and there aren't separate parts where you just spontaneously erase stuff from one part and put a "final", with none of the info you had before, into a Stuff I've Done area. :shake: The BG2 journal is designed to be a helpful aid in keeping track of quests (and you need it there, where someone gives you a quest every few feet), while the BG1 journal is...*gasp* a journal.

Unfortunately, the journals in both games suffer from missing entries. :bad:

5. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

The same thing happened with Marek to me before. I killed him when I first met him and it ruined everything afterwards. It makes me wonder why they even have the antidote item, too. It doesn't do anything.

6. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Their particular antidote Item I believe can be used a few times before it's used up and It works for all the poison in the game. Which there are a lot of creatures that use poison in BG1.

7. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

Yeah, I forgot about that it has 10 uses before it's used up, but I rarely use antidotes, normally I just have my main character use their Bhaalspawn power of Slow Poison.

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Sorry to revive an old topic. I killed Marek when I met him and shoo'd Lothander off, (I have Marek's antidote on me) and now my party is dieing. I did not realize Lothander was the one that poisoned me, or that I needed the Marek dialogue to cure myself. I'm way too far to reload, so I'm wondering what I can do? I don't know where Lothander is to try and fix the situation because there is no journal entry (even though it said it made one when the dialogue finished).

Thanks if someone has a fix - if not, time to reroll and not make the same mistake again :).

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kill first, ask questions later can really screw up a game....

Marek poisoned you, Lothander was willing to help. Each only has half of the antidote (you have Marek's half). Lothander may be in the Blade and Stars (SE section of BG). You may need to spawn Lothander near the fortune teller's tent.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.