1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Man dies after playing too many computer games

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ArtEChoke, Oct 11, 2002.

1. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hasn't somthing similar happened some time ago?

O well, I suppose accidents happen while gaming just as accidents happen while practising sports intensively.

The only mystery remains the message icon: thumb up? :p

[ October 11, 2002, 20:04: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Now that's an honourable way to die. Almost makes me wish I won't get run over when heroically rescuing a small child and/or my lifelong love from in front of a speeding moped.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    At least he died while doing what he loves most!!! :thumb: :rolling:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If he was found dead in the bathroom - did the toilet kill him?

6. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You are all forgetting the important thing here:

Did he beat the game?

If I die while playing a game (before completing it), I will return to haunt my computer until someone beats the game I was playing when I died.

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Bah! Only 86 hours. Lightweight.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It was a Korean the last time before this as well. Those buggers need to learn to eat while playing. Seems to be an evolutionary oversight only manifesting itself now. :D

9. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

Seriously, I wish the US could be more like the Koreans (in some ways).
    For instance, broadband is quite common over there (I think something like 60% or 70% of all homes have it available)
    And they have these cool "cyber-cafes", where you can go to and game (you should take breaks for food and sleep though). It is a great social experience, because you can go with a group of friends and all play together. Now imagine a LAN party every few blocks, only you don't need to bring your own PC...that's what it's like!

In Korea, gaming is a pretty much a part of the mainstream culture, and almost everyone does it.
    Here in the US, while it has gotten much more common than it used to be, hardcore gamers are still considered "geeks" by a lot of people.

10. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I would say gaming hasn't reached social exceptence in the states quite yet, but its getting close. However they do have internet/LAN cafes poping up. There is one 3 miles from where I currently live.

11. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

Hey, that's cool. But you see, I live in Pittsburgh.
    Imagine a vast technological wasteland, where everything is 20 years behind the times, like going to a party last week in a Zoot suit. Now imagine being on the very edge of this wasteland. I'm about 25 miles past that.
    It's something of a miracle that I have dsl, and I'm the only person I know around here who has it.

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

LOL :D

Good point Nutrimat

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heh heh. :) Quite a different reaction here. I saw the same topic on another forum and they were all insulting him... :lol:

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Man, thats really gotta blow!

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    2 words:

GAME OVER!!

No, but serious, a few weeks ago I heard about a asian girl of 12 years old commiting suicide because she couldnt finish Bomberman.
    Thats disturbing

16. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Um don't get me wrong but these people are a tincy wincy bit dumb... and people say i'm sick because i play too much... i have read somewhere that some guy went crazy because he thought that Everquest characters were after him and well he died :/

17. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

One down...4107 to go...

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

No, but serious, a few weeks ago I heard about a asian girl of 12 years old commiting suicide because she couldnt finish Bomberman.
    Thats disturbing
    -------------------------------------------------

Guess she never heard of a little thing on the net called an emulator with its handy save state option, thats how I finished that game :D

19. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

8people, Frostbite, are you reading this? :p

20. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

There was a "young" adult (20-ish) who commited sucicide after playing too much Everquest... Or something like that.

NOw thats kind of sad, I think.

:eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.