1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Magic Weapons for Henchmen?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by General Ghoul, Nov 1, 2009.

1. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I've got Daelan with me on my first playthrough. I have a cleric with a +1 morningstar, what about the big guy, I've got some cash and would buy him something, but can you do that? He seems to still be doing big damage, but what happens later on if we meet something that requires a magic weapon to hit? What about getting him some better armor? Is there a way to do this?

And can he carry some of the loot? I have a 14 STR, but seem to have to teleport back often just to unload.

2. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

The NWN OC henchmen are fairly limited, especially compared to the OC henchmen for SoU and HotU. Don't worry about their kit too much, as they level up, it will improve.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm assuming you're playing the original campaign, in which it is not possible to modify your henchman's inventory. This is somewhat compensated for by the fact that their armor and weapons improve as they level up. I'm not sure about the exact gear and when it changes, but at lvl 8 he has a double axe +1 and at maximum level (14) Daelan carries a double axe +3.

In HotU you are able to access their inventory, perhaps in SoU as well, I can't remember, but there are mods that allow customising a henchman's inventory in the OC as well.

4. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31

Do they level up automatically?

5. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes and no. IIRC in the OC, there are copies of the henchman for each level and they spawn in the relevant level one as you level up, which is fine as long as the scripts work.

6. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31

In NWN OC, they start out at about level 4 IIRC, then once you hit level 5 they go up with you auotmatically thereafter. Sometimes (especially when you are switching henchmen around after leveling up) you have to talk to them first, and ask them to train themselves up to your level. I've never had a problem with the scripts not leveling properly.

7. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Best thing to do is get Henchman Inventory override from the vault. (I think it's part of Tony K's henchman AI override).

They do get their equipment leveled up, but you might find something better, or some additional pieces that they could use.

-D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.