1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Made Edwin a Fighter/Mage, Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Arian, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I used SK to make Edwin a Fighter/Mage and but it seems he isn't getting Fighter thac0 bonuses when he levels (yes he leveled the fighter part, not the mage) is there another variable in SK I need to change to make him truly level up as a fighter?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    he probably won't level properly because you didn't do it in the game. Your best bet would have been to alter Edwins strength so you could load the game and multi him.

just load up a game where he is still a mage, make him level, give him a potion of strength to drink and dual him.

3. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Did you set his levels to 1/1 and reset all his abilities when you SK'd him? Do this, then level him back up.

4. Arian Gems: 5/31

I'm not talking about the bonuses he's supposed to get for his current level, I put them in myself. I mean leveling him up after I changed him. I went around, did some quests, and his fighter part leveled up, but I didn't get the thac0, sorry if that wasn't clear. Any ideas?

5. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Are you sure the game is even acknowledging your fighter levels? How did you multiclass him? Did you only change the class setting in SK? Is your character's XP total something like 500,000/2,000 mage/fighter as the multiclass effect came in late? Or did you instead reduce your mage level and abilities and add fighter levels and abilites, ie go from level 15 mage to approx. 11/12 mage/fighter (or whatever it might be.)

Changing characters in any manner described above has generally given me problems, usually in the form of abilities not showing up. The safest way to change a character's class, from my experience at least, is to reduce them to a 1st level version of the class you want, give them an XP total, and let the game level them up.

6. Arian Gems: 5/31

Well strangely enough it was only the first level after I changed him. All the levels I've gotten afterwards are working normally. Thanks anywayz.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ 8people

That works?!?!?! You can give any human a strength potion and you can then dual-class him to a fighter? I had NO idea.

8. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Alex: That works pretty good, but you still miss out on the level 1 bonusses of a class (not that big a deal I admit, but still). What I usually do, is create a multiclass character with the same stats etc and then load him and the character I want to multiclass into SK. Then I just copy everything the real multiclasser has, to in this case Edwin.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    @Aldeth: I think 8people meant to alter strength with Shadowkeeper.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.