1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mace of Disruption +2

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Sevanhya, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Anyone know a source of the illithium ore, once you have given it away to make the statue?

After getting the reward from the Temple of Helm, I went back to try to get the ore back.

You can't pick pocket it.
    If you kill him you get -6 on reputation.
    I summoned a fiend, it killed him, but turned everyone hostile to me.

Is there another source for the precious metal?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    No.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The thing to do is to get the real illithium ore, but also to order the ore with the similar properties from the merchant in the Promenade district. Give the fake ore to the temple, they'll realise it's not illithium, but will be ok with it anyway. Keep the real ore for yourself to use with the mace of disruption.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    He already gave it away though.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's always the console/EEkeeper :rolleyes:

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Then, yes, use EEkeeper or the console to give yourself the ore (or why not just the mace of disruption +2).

7. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't use any cheats

8. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

In the Saerileth mod there is illuthium ore available in the pub in Sigil
    where do you find this mace? Are you sure your not getting this confused with Starfell ore in Saradush?

9. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You find the Mace of Disruption +1 in Bodhi's bath tub of all places.
    The ore is like going on a mini-quest to get it. I forget how it works. Something about getting ore from some one that tells you to go see someone in the Copper Coronet?

10. Vhailor

That is the quest but I don't remember anyone upgrading the mace. Is it a mod?

11. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    no, it's part of the original game. Do a search in BG2 classic :)

12. Vhailor

Where is it? I've never come across it.

13. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What? The mace or the illuthium?

14. henkie

Media:
    The mace of disruption +1 is in the hidden blood pool inside Bodhi's area, near where you have to stake several vampires to gain access to the inner sanctum (of sorts).

The illithium you get after going to the temple district and getting the quest of the unseeing eye. I'm not sure that you actually need to complete this quest, but you get a quest from someone else in the temple to get a commision from sir charles for a statue. He'll ask for illithium as a material, and points you to the promenade district. There is an ore merchant there, who'll give you the option to go to her source so you can get the real deal, or she can create an alloy for you. Or you can get both.

If you tell her you want the ore, and also pay her to get her source, you can get an alloy from her (after one in-game day), and you can also go to the copper coronet to see her source, who'll point you to Neb in the bridge district (who'll not be in his house unless you get the information from the guy in the CC). Once you kill Neb, you can loot the original ore from him.

Take both the original ore and the mace to Cromwell in the harbour district, and he'll make the mace of disruption +2 for you (for a commision).

15. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    As far as i recall, you do not need to complete the Unseeing Eye quest - you only have to start the quest, then talk to the priest inside the temple that you acepted the quest for (depends on your alignment afaik)

16. henkie

Media:
    By default it is the temple of Helm that you have to do the quest for, unless you're a priest. But for me the tweak that allows me to do every stronghold quest with CHARNAME, makes it alignment dependent. I thought it was another priest that you have to talk to, rather than the one you get the unseeing eye quest, but I'm not entirely sure anymore.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.