1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lure a male to the queen remorhaz

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by SlickRCBD, Apr 2, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I recall reading in a guide that it is possible to lure one of the two remorhazs to the queen instead of fighting her.
    However, I can't recall how to do that.
    Yes, I can get one to chase me, the problem is all the baddies in the way that keep killing anyone who tries.

Does anybody recall the best strategy to accomplish this? I haven't played in years, and I only did this once, but I can't figure out how I did it. I might have cheated just in order to see if it would really worked.
    Even metagaming so that I try to kill off as many of the aurilites as possible before encountering either remorhaz seems problematic due to needing to backtrack to open doors.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  2. sestritsaA Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Media:
    Don’t go to the north-east passage from the entrance. Go north, find two messages, and kill a remorhaz. Go east and south; kill the crystal golem and some clerics. Use levers. Return to the north-east passage; take the necklace that opens doors. You can freeze the second remorhaz (in the north-east passage) with the Icelance or Chromatic Orb spell, don’t kill it. Kill some doom guards. Lead the remorhaz to the Queen.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

It's mostly a RPG quest thing, not a tactical combat thing.

So yeah, you do it once just for the hell of it. Then you reload and kill them all. Because doing that is too much hard work~

Seriously, if they want to make us bother to do that quest, there should be other things to entice us. Like even more XP, more loots.

4. sestritsaA Gems: 2/31

Media:
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I could have sworn that once you led the male to the queen, the two decided to fuck off.

6. sestritsaA Gems: 2/31

Media:
    They stand in the passage and wait for you to kill them. Sometimes you must kill them because they block all the space and cannot be bypassed.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    So their just screwing around instead? ;);)[nudge][nudge]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  8. Jamesworkshop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I used mirror image so I could kite it without taking too much damage

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.