1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lum the Mad's Machine

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Chickavalier, May 25, 2005.

1. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I was using lum the mad's machine, and It gets up only one point of stat per stat? I've seen many game sites and they all raised tons of stats using that...... what's wrong?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You should only be able to raise each stat one point using the machine.

Maybe if you were to keep restarting the game and importing your character you could repeat using the machine but if you are going to do that you might as well just use Shadowkeeper or console in stat. raising tomes.

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Not to mention, its a LOT quicker to just use ShadowKeeper to give yourself 25 in every stat... :p

4. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

What's the fun in that? It's more fun to roleplay and give yourself the bonusses made available in the game IMHO.

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

By importing your character over and over and over again? Gimme a break!

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Faraaz

But that would be too blatant; casual users want to deceive themselves but still get the benefits. They want to play by the rules, yet want to cheat, so self-deception is convinient. :shake:

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Sometimes when I want to play for reasons other than realism, I console in books. However, the Wisdom book never works; it shows up in my inventory but I can't use it. Weird, eh?

8. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

you can refer to Dan Simpsons wthru about it. potion and scroll trick is also doable with tomes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.