1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lovers of Sherlock Holmes

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I presume Americans have heard of Sherlock Holmes? If so, thanks for keeping up so far little yankies :cool:.

Nah, I'm kidding of course. But really you guys need to check out this BBC TV series. It's a modern take on the Sherlock stories. I presume it's aired over there on some cable channel or another. I don't usually go out of my way to watch telly as most of it is garbage, but this is brilliant (once you get over the initial weirdness of Sherlock texting Watson on his iPhone). Extremely well acted and produced throughout. Do yourselves a favour and get involved - this goes for everyone :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I love that show! I'm gutted that the next series won't be out until next year though :(

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    If that. The actors are going off to do Hollywood stuff and that aren't they. Poo :o.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I've caught that a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I have a friend who speaks very highly of this show, but I have yet to see it -- my tech skills when it comes to watching shows online are somewhat lacking.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Fantastic show. Count me as a huge fan as well.

I just read a report that Cumberbatch and Freeman will definitely be back for Season 3. They're a little busy at the moment playing Smaug the Dragon and Bilbo Baggins, respectively. :banana:

I for one can forgive them for that. :D

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Cumberbatch is doing the new Star Wars film as well. He's a great actor, very versatile.

You guys had the series 2 finale over there yet? The last episode is one of the best bits of telly I've seen in a long time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've seen the first season and it's quite good indeed.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Barms,

I'm not sure. I'm watching it on Netflix, which says there are only 3 episodes in Season 1. Maybe it's only a partial season...that seems awful short. I would imagine Season 2 is available on DVD/BlueRay somewhere.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah only 3 eps per series unfortunately, but then each is about an hour and half long. You should watch the 2nd series when you can dude, it's great (apart from ep. 2, which is a bit 'hmm' but still good).

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Still working on episode 2 of season 1!

I'm working so much lately that I've been watching them on my iPad in bed at night. I get about 15 minutes in before I doze. The next night, I rewatch the 15 minutes I was drowsy for the night prior and then continue for another 15...where I fall asleep, iPad in hand.

So at this pace each episode is taking about 5 days. :D

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Just finished watching the second season last night. Awesome show! I think I prefer the Victorian setting but placing it in modern times is fun.

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Do they still follow the plot of the books, or did they invent new cases?

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is is good. Jeremy Brett worthy.

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished watching the second season and the first episode was great, second was meh and third was ok. A distinct drop in quality I would say. Do not like the way they utilize Moriarty and Holmes' duel with him. Of the six episodes I have seen the first four were great but then I must say it went down hill.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.