1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lots of questions of SoA and ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Chickavalier, May 18, 2005.

1. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There are many things I can't figure out.... cna you answer them?
    1.where do I use bodhi's black heart?
    2.is it wise to make Crom Freyr?
    3.how do I get through the portal in aslyum that says you need three stones to enter?
    4.what do I do in the place in aslyum that there is chest and in the chest there is something like sundial, gagged man, hourglass, etc?
    5.how do I complete the quest that there is priest of Lathander in the graveyard and he want's to find a caretaker(?) of a child?
    6.how come Wave can slay salamanders but not Fire Salamanders?
    7.are burning skulls undead?
    8.what level can I turn:
    Lich, Elemental Lich, Demi-Lich?(not fear, but make them explode)
    9.do I have to kill Sendai 9 times or 17 times?(including Statues)
    10.Minsc's berserk abillity stops inprisonment of Demi-lich(in watcher's keep) but not of Kangaxx?
    11.storekeep won't buy Helberd +2. but he buys other stuff. it says:"I can't/Won't but Fenced goods."why?
    I'll post more.please don't feel bored.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1.where do I use bodhi's black heart?

- If you have a romantic interest who was taken by Bodhi before the Chapter 6 battle, that person is now a dead partial vampire. Take the person (hope you didn't forget his/her stuff outside at the entrance to the area) and the heart, go to the ruined temple of Amuanator, put them both in the arms of the idol past the area with the simple word puzzle, and, voila, returned love interest.

2.is it wise to make Crom Freyr?

- Depends on whether you have a hammer wielding character and whether more people need lesser strength enhancing things or you think one character with a 25 strength is the way to go. Generally, if the hammer wielder has a way of increasing strength already, Draw Upon Holy Might, for example, it may not make sense.

3.how do I get through the portal in aslyum that says you need three stones to enter?

- If it's the one in the room with the mephits and the rakshasa, you don't go through it, you just feed three gems that you find (IIRC, one in the are where you get the bag of holding, one in the area with the kobolds just up the steps on your way to that part of the "maze" and I forget where the third one is), you'll get two enemies to fight and a genie will pop out and give you an armor that I think is decent.

4.what do I do in the place in aslyum that there is chest and in the chest there is something like sundial, gagged man, hourglass, etc?

- Click on the various statues who will present you with pretty easy riddles. Place the item that solves the riddle in the hand of the statue until you've done all of them. (Hey, I think this is where you pick up the third gem for the portal.)

5.how do I complete the quest that there is priest of Lathander in the graveyard and he want's to find a caretaker(?) of a child?

- There's a grieving paladin at the north end of the graveyard during certain times of day. Talk to him and it flows naturally.

6.how come Wave can slay salamanders but not Fire Salamanders?

- Dunno, never use it.

7.are burning skulls undead?

- I don't think so, I've never had luck turning them or using the MoD on them.

8.what level can I turn:
    Lich, Elemental Lich, Demi-Lich?(not fear, but make them explode)

- Don't remember, I'm at work.

9.do I have to kill Sendai 9 times or 17 times?(including Statues)

- Don't remember 17. Are you using Ascension?

10.Minsc's berserk abillity stops inprisonment of Demi-lich(in watcher's keep) but not of Kangaxx?

- Think it's in the nature of the "spells" that Kangaxx throws.

11.storekeep won't buy Helberd +2. but he buys other stuff. it says:"I can't/Won't but Fenced goods."why?

- It thinks someone stole it. If no one did, this may be a bug that pops up from time to time.

3. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

11. It is stolen equipment. ;) A merchand of integrity wont accept it. You will have to search out a fence to sell it. Search the sewers in the tempel district for Roger the Fence - or go to the Thieves guild or one of the "merchands" who only come out during the night to do their business (you can find them in Waukeen's Promenade, Bridge District, slums). ;)

4. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

@dmc
    I was turning undead and burning skull exploded
    and also when real sendai comes out(after killing statues) she just make other statues. I'm not using Ascension.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

6. Wave slays any water based creatures unless they make a save iirc. Cold Salamanders and Water Elementals will be slayed by the Wave Halberd.

6. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm pretty sure Wave is made to kill Fire critters, not Water ones. As to the Halbard +2, I'm going to guess bug, as about the only ones you find really can't be stolen (unless you aquire them, sell them and then steal them back I guess), as one is a drop from a foe and the other is sold at A-Mart.

7. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Halbred +2 she's refering to is dropped by a statue in watcher's keep. no idea why it's considered fenced, I only know that it does...

What I really don't understand, is how can a merchant know you're selling him fenced stuff? It's not as if you label them after stealing... and since there are tons of items that look the same everywhere, how should anyone know the difference?

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I have never even considered what level you'd have to be to not just turn but destroy the various lich-types. My thinking is that it's probably impossilbe to destroy the demi-lich. It's probably hard coded into the game that you can't. I'd seriously doubt you'd even be able to turn him as that would be ultra-cheesy. That having been said, I would imagine that if it were possible to turn any of the elemental liches, you'd have to be an extremely high level - probably higher than what is realistically possible in SoA. However, since one can easily get a 40th level cleric in ToB (I think clerics hit level 40 well before the 8 million XP cap) if it isn't hard coded I suppose it's possible. I just don't think you'd be able to do it with a 20th level cleric in SoA though.

9. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

I think Demi-Liches are Impossible, and elemental ones are about TE level 30 or 25.(I can't turn elemental ones at TE level 22)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.