1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

LOTR Quiz

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Istari of Thay, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Istari of Thay Banned

I just had to...
    Couldn't stop it...
    To big a fan...

So here it is:

The Lord of the Rings - Quiz

1) What is a nazgûl?

2) What is the name of the location where Frodo gets stung by a Morgul blade?

3) What and who is Hutula?

4) What and who is Morgoth?

5) What race is Sauron?

6) What is the name of Rohan's capitol?

7) What is the name of Gandalv's sword?

8) What is Aragorn's elven name?

9) What is the name of the dwarven city wich the fellowsip travels through... (I think it inspirated Dorns Deep in Faerun)

10) What does Istari mean? (Look at my nick... Hi, hi)

11) How many wizards were sendt from over the seas to aid Middle Earth?

12) Name three of those wizards.

Ohhh... Soo fun... Whohooo... Soo fun...

----------------------EDIT------------------------

Heh, looks like I've done a mistake here...
    I forgot to translate the name "Hutula" from norwegian to english...

"Hutula" is actually the great, ancient spider whose getting stabbed by Sam... And whose biting Frodo...

Sorry for the enconvenience!! ;)

[ February 21, 2003, 10:24: Message edited by: Istari of Thay ]

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The Lord of the Rings - Quiz

1) Ringwraiths. Human kings of old corrupted by the ringgifts of Sauron and in his service.
    2) Amon Sul, an old watchtower.
    3) In MiddleEarth there is no such place or creature known by that name.
    4) The Valar that became evil and who plays the role of Dark Lord in Arda. Sauron is his trusted Leuitenant, who assumed his master's role after he had been cast into the void, shortly after the third time he was defeated by his kin.
    5) Maiar.
    6) Edoras.
    7) Glamdring.
    8) Elessar.
    9) Moria, or otherwise known as Khazad Dúm.
    10) The Istari are the Wizards, Maiar of race.
    11) 5
    12) Saruman, Radagast and Gandalf.

[ February 20, 2003, 21:43: Message edited by: Faragon ]

3. Istari of Thay Banned

Damn,

I didn't think it was that easy...

Or is it just Faragon's knowledge whose excellent?

All correct... Horay!! :roll:

4. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

With due respect to Faragon, it wasn't that difficult. Ask questions from the Silmarillion and you would have a really difficult quiz. :)

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

1-Ringwraiths,they were 9 great human kings before Sauron gave them 9 rings of power.
    2-Watchtower of Amon-Sul or Weathertop
    3-wtf?
    4-The most powerful of Valar,he choose the evil way he is the one who created orcs and goblins by tortured elves and ents.He had a great army consisted of Balrogs.He wanted the Silmarils and got them but his army was destroyed in the War of Wrath.He was cast exile out of world.
    5-Sauron is a Maiar,Gandalf and Saruman are Maiar too.(along with Tom Bombadil,Radagast...etc)
    6-Edoras.
    7-Glamdring,AFAIK it has something with Sting but...
    8-Elessar,he became King Elessar after the fall of Sauron,he married with Arwen and he has a on named Eldarion.
    9-Mines of Moria,Dwarrowdelf,Khazad-Dum.
    10-Wizards are called Istari or Ithryn.
    11-Five,Gandalf,Saruman,Radagast,2 more reached Middle Earth but they traveled east and others lost contact with them.
    12-Gandalf,Saruman,Radagast,2 Luin Alatars(lost wizards or blue wizards)

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

ohh you just wait 'till Maldir comes here :eek: :eek:

Too bad i missed the oppurtunity to answer :(

Next!!

7. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, there's really nothing much more to say. Except that the other two wizards (the Ithryn Luin or Blue Wizards) were Alatar and Pallando. :)

8. Istari of Thay Banned

Okay...

I just didn't think
    you newbies were up to it!! :rolleyes:

But... seemes to me that you are... :eek:

Since I look at my self as a seasoned
    LOTR enthusiast, i'll just post it right away...

Middle Earth Quiz

Beat this one Faragon... Hah!!

1) Who is the creator of Realm Space, Arda and all of it's surrondings? Give me at least three different names for him.

2) What was the name of the elf, who strikes Morgoth's crown of his head.

3) What was the name of the chief werewolf who lived during Morgoth's reign, and who/what slayed it.

4) What is the name of the 3rd king of Gondor?

5) What is the name of the chief Vala?

6) What was the name of the first flying dragon, and who slaughtered it?

7) What is the name of the chief Balrog?

8) What is the name of the white city, whose famous for it's huge walls, and who fell due to Morgoths attacks?

9) What is the name of the eagle king? (Noo, the one in LOTR is the eagle lord. M-kay...)

10) What is the name of the place where humans go when they die, and what is the place of the dwarves after-life place?

[ February 21, 2003, 19:58: Message edited by: Istari of Thay ]

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31

1-Eru,Iluvatar,The One
    2-AFAIK Beren striked his crown and got only one Silmaril.But Beren wasn't an elf.
    3-Carcroth(was it Carcarot or Carcharot???). Cut Beren's hand which is carrying Silmaril for Luthien's father.So a hunt was started for him Huan killed him but the wolf killed Huan and Beren.
    4-I really don't know but i'm sure it starts with Ara ;)
    5-Chief Vala?Hm can be Melkor as Melkor is the most powerful of them it is poible that he's the chief.
    6-Duh
    7-AFAIK Gandalf fought a regular Balrog.The chief Balrog was killed during War of Wrath
    8-Gondolin.It was secret and very cool.
    9-Thordor or something like that created by Manwe and .... uhh and...whatever.
    10-Heaven? :p

[ February 21, 2003, 12:03: Message edited by: Khelben ]

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

5. Manwë
    10. The Halls of Mandos

And all the others are answered

11. Maldir Gems: 11/31

1. As said before - Eru Iluvatar, the Allfather, the One
    2. It was not Beren, and no one actually struck off his crown. Lúthien's singing made Morgoth fall asleep, and his crown fell off.
    3. Draugluin was the lord of werewolves during Morgoth's reign. He was slain by Huan the wolfhound of Valinor during the quest of Beren and Lúthien. Carcharoth was the mightiest of werewolves, and was also slain by Huan in the aftermath of Beren and Lúthien's quest.
    4. The third king of Gondor in his own right was Ëarendil, son of Cemendur, son of Meneldil, son of Anarion who ruled under Elendil as High King of Gondor and Arnor.
    5. The chief Vala was always Manwë, because Melkor rebelled before the Ainur entered the world and became the Valar and Maiar.
    6. Ancalagon the Black, slain by Ëarendil (not the King)
    7. The chief Balrog, and the only one named, was Gothmog, slain by Ecthelion in Gondolin. The Balrog slain by Gandalf was known as Durin's Bane (and probably this was mainly a dwarven title).
    8. Gondolin
    9. Thorondor
    10. Humans go to the Halls of Mandos, but separate from the Elven Halls of Waiting. Elves believe that dwarves turn back into stone, but dwarves believe they go to another part of the Halls of Mandos, and that after the Last Battle they will aid Aulë in the rebuilding of Arda.

12. Khelben Gems: 15/31

:doh: How can i forget Manwe??? :doh:

13. Istari of Thay Banned

Hmpf...

I really pisses me off when my really *hard* quizes getting solved, just like that...

Well, I guess Maldir is a real Tolkien fan... ;)

You really impressed,
    ten out of ten correct...

[ March 01, 2003, 19:26: Message edited by: Istari of Thay ]

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Heh, I might have gotten most of these if I had been here, fo I jus started re-reading Silmarillion :) I love it :)

Too bad I was offline... I would have answered. Make more of these?

But I do think Thorondor is the King of Eagles (I am being lazy and using the translator's appendix [I have a translated Silmarillion... ouch] seeing as I have yet to run into the eagles) because it makes a reference to Return of the King VI 4 and to (backtranslating here... not accurate...) the progency of Thorondor that hail from the unreachable nests of the... I am not putting the name here because I can't recall what the correct name is and I am not guessing what it is basded on the translation. But it makes a cross reference to Crissaegrim ... Am I completely lost here?

(Needing to read some more Tolkien soon)

15. Maldir Gems: 11/31

The Crissaegrim were the mountains in which Thorondor and the Eagles lived. The only other possible King of the Eagles, after discounting Thorondor and Gwaihir, is Manwë himself, as they were often seen as his emissaries in Middle Earth.

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Crap, forgot to check back on this thread... And now it's all answered allready :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.