1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

LOTR Book Trivia

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Findae Darkblade, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anyone for a game of trivia? Just for fun. Ask questions from either book or movie, but beware. If the two conflict, the book presides over the movie. Rules are as follows:

1. Middle Earth only (duh)
    2. If you answer a question, you MUST wait for the asker to confirm it before asking a question.
    3. If there is conflict, I can resolve it. As in, if two people disagree, and I say one way or the other, please listen to me.
    4. In the occasion that a question is not posted or a question is not answered, the question resets and whoever posts a question first gets it.
    5. Have fun!

First question: Who, in the end, finally received the evenstar?

[ April 22, 2005, 01:48: Message edited by: Findae Darkblade ]

2. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Frodo

3. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31

Wow, you're good. Not many people know that one. Almost everyone says "Aragorn." Good job, your question.

4. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Who made Narsil?(Aragon says it in the Two Towers)

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Elendil?

6. Argohir Gems: 10/31

No,here is a clue.He also made a knife for Curufin in Silmarillion.Beren took it from Curufin.He cut the silmaril from Morgoth's crown with this knife.It is a hard one...

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Feanor?

8. Argohir Gems: 10/31

No.One more clue.When they are entering Theoden's castle(?),guardians try to take his sword,and Aragorn says it.If you can't remember,take a look at the book

9. Harbourboy

Celebrimbor?

10. Argohir Gems: 10/31

No.I think you should read it again :book:
    I want to say the answer,but maybe it is against Findae's rules :hmm:

11. Harbourboy

General rule in quiz threads like this is that you keep giving clues until someone gets it. I think this question is too hard for me. Maybe someone else will get it.

12. Argohir Gems: 10/31

He is Nogrod's best smith.He is a dwarf.His name's first letter is T.I have no more clues.I think only Harbourboy and I play this game.Try to find it,guys

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Telchar? I am not quitre sure about the spelling...

14. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Yeah,here it is...And your spelling is true Arabwel.It is your turn

15. Harbourboy

Bah, I've read the books more than 20 times and I've never heard of Telchar. Give us an easier one!

16. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Yeah,it was a hard one to start Harbourboy

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Lesseee....

Who was Finarfin's wife?

18. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Findae says ONLY LOTR.Did JRR mention it in LotR?

19. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31

Whoops. Guess I need to rewrite that rule. When I say "LOTR," I mean any book that relates to middle earth. Earwen is the answer to your question, Arabwel.

20. Argohir Gems: 10/31

Ok.She was a Teleri but I can't remember her name now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.