1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Deathmage, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    So I was looking for my USBs when I noticed something: I lose my stuff a hell of a lot. Except, I've always had exceptional Karma. Behold this partial list:

• Cellphone, about half a dozen times - always found it by going back to the location.
    • Copy of Twelfth Night: left on a desk in a random uni building one Friday; retrieved it from the exact same spot Monday morning
    • Wallet: okay, this is interesting.
      • I've lost it on the bus twice. On both times I caught the EXACT SAME BUS going the other way an hour later, and retrieved it, once from the busdriver, once from just sitting down in the seat I sat. I finally lost this wallet at a park one day.
      • The next wallet: subsequently lost about 3 days later.
      • Another wallet: lost once in cafe, retrieved it a few days later by going to the cafe. The owner gave it back.
      • Current wallet: thought I lost it; frantically searching for it; found it in girlfriend's garden (this is last week)
    • Ring: dropped it while walking, found it by going back to the spot and searching.
    • Uni folder: lost it for a week without noticing, then went to security and retrieved it. They laughed and asked me what took me so long to pick it up...
    • Japanese textbook: lost for about a week and then the teacher found it and gave it back.
    • School Copy of the Iliad: accidentally returned it to public library; they returned it and I got it from the teacher without noticing I'd lost it.
    • iPod: okay, this is the most karmaic of all. I've lost it for about two months - it's a red iPod Nano, so it's worth a bit. But there was a notice at uni about finding a red iPod, and I contacted the owner, who gave it back without hassle.
    • University Card: lost twice; both times somebody turned it into security and I got it back without realizing I've lost it.

Currently I'm missing two USBs, a course reader, and my iPod USB cord...though I'm sure they'll make their way back to me.

Does anyone else have similar losing/finding experiences? Do share. :)

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lost my sanity once, still looking for it

(Sorry, had to be the first to get that it!)

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My advice to Deathmage is to not get a pet.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Could get a pet rock. That way, when he loses it, it won't starve to death!

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    DM has an impressive list - especially since he managed to get most of the things back. :)

The one time I remembered to bring an umbrella to faculty, I forgot it in the lecture hall and had to call someone to unlock it, so I could take it back. Rather embarrasing.

Markers in the lab - I lose those all the time - must have lost a dozen or so - none have been seen again.

In general, I tend to misplace all sorts of things in lab coat pockets - and since there are three of those I use regularly, it's pretty much a lottery when I actually need something and feel through the pockets.
    Found: Gloves, scalpel, lab tape, samples, empty vials, wrist watch with no strap (which is actually normal) *huge* amount of notes, pencils, corks, copper wire, marble, syringe clip, yellow crayon, lunch key card, TLC panel, two needles.
    (Also an unbelievable amount of colourful stains :p )

Strap for my wrist watch - still carrying the watch in a pocket.

Sneakers, shoes, slippers at home - but that's not my fault - the family usually moves them out of the way, because I'm rarely home.

Never really lost the cellphone - it's usually somewhere in the house, with no battery, burried by random stuff...

Stuff that my brother borrows is usually (but not always) gone for good - unless I raise a witchhunt to get it back, which is rarely worth the effort.

Headphones :( - no idea where those are.

So far I haven't lost anything in traffic... I think.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I..uhh...might've lost my soul somewhere...

Has anyone seen it?

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I seem to lose Bluetooth earpieces with distressing regularity... drives me nuts.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ooooo...that's bad. Just think of all the creeps listening in on your conversations... :mommy:

When I lose stuff, it's usually under that last piece of paper/pillow/random thing I didn't bother to turn over. :doh:

Like my mom always says, "If it were a snake, it would have bitten you!" :p

9. Silvery

Media:
    Yeah, and if my aunt had two totties, she'd be my uncle!

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Please tell me you're kidding.

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    He's kidding. As soon as I realized the earpiece was missing, I deleted the pairing. No chance of overheard conversations.

I thought I lost the USB drives that had me newest D&D characters on it. Luckily, I found that in a place I usually don't keep them. Whew.

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I lost my hear-aid once, which is a nasty thing to lose. Especially because those things are custom made, both the shape of the earplug and the input filters that increase or decrease certain frequency levels are made and configured in a process that could easily take two weeks. Good thing I found it unharmed :)

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Losing my glasses always sucks, as I can never see well enough to find the bloody things -_-

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    I remember not too long ago that I had to call in to work because I could not find my glasses that morning. Luckily my boss wears glasses too, so she understood. I had made the mistake of leaving them on the bed instead of putting them on the nightstand, so they wound up on my (admittedly cluttered) floor. Took me an hour to find the things. Does not help that I can only see clearly for about three inches without my glasses.

15. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

lost my cellphone twice last week (same phone)

was at this begging of new study, so my class and a few others went on this trip up to some cottage or what you call it, to party and get to know each other.

day 1: party
    day 2: hangover, no phone, start drinking early to get rid of hangover, find phone! YAYAYAY victory shots!
    day 3: hangover^2, woke up 5 hours late for breakfast, needed to pack my **** and get going in 2 minutes, tjeck my pockets no phone!! WTF?

other than that, i mostly just lose stuff

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I lost my ass once ... it's called 'divorce.'

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You call your ass "divorce"? That's odd. I call mine "donkey".

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've found all of the items I was missing! The Course Reader was found by one of my friends. The iPod USB cord was at my girlfriend's house. And I was searching for the USB last night, complaining angrily about how I'd never find it as I thrusted my hand into an old coat pocket - and there it was. One of the odder moments of my life.

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    It's certainly been your day :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.