1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Losing someone.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by trillex, Jun 6, 2003.

1. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've just been to my dads funeral and it was the most painful I've ever witnessed in my life. Seeing his coffin been driven away is just .. well, I cried. And I felt proud to have shown him some respect in his afterlife. I dunno what we can discuss in this topic but I just felt like posting it... Life is so much pain.

[ June 06, 2003, 22:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Much symapthy, Trillex. I lost my dad before I was adult enough to get to know him as a person, and that's a hole I feel every day. I also lost my mother-in-law a few years ago. She was a lovely, wonderful woman and we still miss her.

Cherish the joyous memories and use them to help you get over the painful ones.

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Oh man.

That's sad.

*hugs Trillex*

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I know, loosing someone is terrible. I lost all my granparents and I really miss them :(

5. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

All my sympathy to you Trollex, I know what does loosing somebody mean. Bring all your good memories of him always with you, and share them with those you love.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] My sympathie, TriLlex. It must be a real loss to say goodbye to the one you couldn't choose, but who has chosen for you.

There are many people in my community who died recently or are about to die. The father of one of my best friends, a mother of another, a 2 years old child, an other mother and right now there is an other mother (of my best FemFriend) in a coma. She's 54 years old and suffered from dementia since she was 32. I don't expect my own father to live very long either. His heart- and lung-diseases can be fatal with the warm weather coming up. So glad to believe in a God that promised me a real life.

Take some time to mourn, lad, but remember to walk tall!

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31

That's very sad, Trillex. Though I don't know how it is to lose someone you love.
    My grandfather died but I was 4 years old or so and I remember him only faintly.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    All my sympathy. Bear your father in memory and honour him with your life. In some way he is still with you.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] My condolences, Trillex.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My condolences as well. It's true life is pain, but it's the one we're stuck with. Don't let it defeat you. Keep your head up - there's always a bright side.

Know that you have friends here at SP. :)

* organizes group hug for Trillex *

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm very sorry to hear that. :(

I had a grandfather die about five years ago, but I never really got to know him well, so it didn't weigh on me very heavily. I am sure your case is a different matter, though. Once again, I'm very sorry to hear that.

12. trillex Gems: 13/31

Thanks. It really made me feel much better..

@Master of Nuhn > Ah man, that must be very hard. I knew some of my friends cried in the church and I heard that the news of my fathers dead nearly killed a party with over 250+ people. Everyone were depressed .. or so I heard.

13. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I'm not good at this stuff, but i have to give you my condolances Trillex. As most everyone here said in one way or another, keep his memory alive and let him live in your heart. And who knows, maybe there is an afterlife and you'll see him there... i'd like to think so atleast.
    Once again i'm really sorry for your loss and glad that the guys made you feel better.

14. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

My condolences, Trillex. I can imagine what you're going through. I only see my father every three months or something like that...

15. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

My sympathy, Trillex.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My sympathies Trillex. I know how hard it can be.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My sincere condolences. It's never easy to lose someone dear to you.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] One of my friends' dad died recently. I had posted a while ago in the Random post that he had cancer, well I feel bad for my friend, his mother was awful through it all and now has seperated him from his friends and family. It is all he can do to come down the hill to visit BlackCat and I once in a while.

Trillex, I can't fully understand what you must be going through, or indeed, what my friend is experiencing. The closest people I've ever lost was a dear friend and when I was young, a brother and sister.

I don't know if you are religious or believe in anything, or whatever, but I think it's good to think the person is never dead until people forget everythign about them, until then they are gone, and they have always gone somewhere good.

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My condolences Trillex. Peace to your family and all those who considered your father a friend.

20. trillex Gems: 13/31

It seems everyone is dieing around me. Like god tries to hit me with lightning bolts but hit someone dear me or my friends..

My girlfriends best friend was just found dead. I didn't know him but it still hurts.. Why?!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.