1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lord Foreshadow

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Wray Vitki, May 1, 2003.

1. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, I came across this guy again, and I wondered if anyone else had noticed this. I searched, and didn't really find anything talking about him, so hear is what happens.

He is an NPC that comes up to you, and says a number of things. He is from Neverwinter, on his way to Waterdeep, or something like that.

But anyway, on to the interesting part. He says "I...make it a point in keeping in touch with Neverwinter...It was quite popular in those nights."

The first time I read that, I thought something was odd. Glancing back over it, I realized the idiomatic expression "in those days" was replaced with "in those nights".

It appears that Lord Foreshadow was aptly named. Heh.

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't get it :confused:

Although, i could be stoopid :D

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well it is a easteregg in the direction of NWN,
    IIRC another noble near the Beregost temple claims he is going to Icewind Dale

very funny though :D

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think he means 'Neverwinter Nights' (emphasis on nights).

5. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31

Yes, I WAS talking about Neverwinter Nights. Sorry for not saying that. Heh.

6. maipai Gems: 2/31

When I talked to him he spoke of Neverwinter and my character replied that that he heard of such a city but that he did not believe it existed. Lord Foreshadow replied - 'Well, not yet'. Hmmm...

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm sure that you also get information about Amn and Alkatha as well, saying that you really should visit there some time :) .

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

He had to have been talking about Neverwinter Nights. He mentioned he had spent a night in Neverwinter before(The old 1993 version of NWN) and plans to spend a night there again. That's the jist of it as far as I remember.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Don't forget about Pallonia

PALLONIA:I know why you're here. It's the same reason everyone else comes to see me, and you shall get the same answer. I do NOT know when the iron shortage will let up, I have NO CLUE as to who controls the bandits in the area, and I have NO INTEREST in accompanying you to the gambling tables in Baldur's Gate.

CHARNAME:pardon me, but if you do not trouble yourself with the events of the day, what purpose do your star-gazings serve?

PALLONIA:What purpose? The Sword Coast is by no means the center of the universe. Lives and dramas are lived out across the Realms. There are lands closer than you would think that neither know nor care about our little problems.

CHARNAME:And what of these lands? What intrigues lay beyond our borders?

PALLONIA:Well, just across the southern mountains there are troubles brewing in great Amn that will make our current concerns seem small by comparison. To the far north there is a city where winter never rears its ugly head; a city that has not been seen nor heard from for many a year, but will soon welcome the return of a multitude of citizens. Both of these events will unfold regardless of our current troubles. Great may be our concerns, but much more is on the horizon. Leave me be, I have much to think upon.

She is clearly referring to Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights.

10. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lord Foreshadow says "Oh no, I actually hail from Waterdeep." And then goes on to talk about Neverwinter and so on. Could this be a hint as to the storyline of neverwinter nights and the Waterdhavian creatures?

11. Eltharodo Gems: 2/31

that's pushing it just slightly......

12. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I know, but sometimes these people from bioware work in mysterious ways. You never know what they were thinking when they were writing it... okay I admit, I just wanted to join in the conversation. I'm sorry, I'll leave now.....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.