1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for *party creation tips*

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Apparently the perfect mix of classes is 2 tank:1.5 arcane:1 divine:0.5 rogue.

Currently however I am playing a powergaming party adn I'm kicking the hell out of everything. Myself( Half-elf Blade) Haer'dalis (Tiefling Blade) and Kelsey (Human Sorceror). I use the rabbit familiar to find traps and set them off with summons, and Haer'dalis and I buff and go into battle swinging with the long range area effect damage coming from Kelsey. The normal format is everyone has a stoneskin activated at all times. Then when a hard fight springs up I throw in a skull trap and Haer'dalis and Kelsey hoik in fireballs. This normally gets rid off any annoyances and can disrupt enemy spell casting thanks to Kelsey wearing the Robe of Vecna. Then everyone will cast Mirror Image and Haer'dalis and myself will offensive spin asap while Kelsey deals with enemy spellcasters defences and anyonme else.

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My strategy is one 1 or 2 magi (try making your prot. a sorcerer, its marvelous)
    One thief (or 2 where your protagonist is a swashbuckler (deduct 1 from tanks))
    One divine caster (if cleric deduct 1 from tanks)
    Two or three tanks, be sure to have one regardless of what you deduct.
    Try not to put evils in a good party and neutral or good in a evil party, remember that although they will complain, neutrals won't break at rep 20 but they will break at rep 1
    Also, a multiclassed like Aerie can fill both a cleric slot (named 1) and a wizard slot (4) so you basically get
    All of the below are available in Athkatla and those marked with a * are available in the prologue or in Chapter 1

(*1 & 4)Aerie: Clr/Wiz Good + romance options or
    (1)Viconia: "DROW" Clr Evil + romance options or
    (*1)Jaheira: Drd Neutral + romance options or
    (1 & 2) Anomen: Ftr Dual to Clr + romance options
    (*2/3)Minsc: Rng Good = excellent tank
    (2/3)Korgan: Ftr Evil = lean mean killing machine
    (2/3)Keldorn: Pld Good = trust me you will want a paladin if you go good, just trust me or I'd have ta spoil something real neat.
    (4)Edwin Wiz Evil = Really awesomely powerful
    (4 & 5)Jan Jansen Neutral I think = A very amusing or annoying thief you decide.
    (4 & 5)Nalia Thf dual to Wiz Good = between Imoens only use as second thief, a real pain in the arse.
    (*4 & 5)Imoen Thf dual to Wiz Good = replaces Nalia, somewhat weak
    (*5) Yoshima Neutral= nice if you can't take Nalia's whining no more.
    (*6) Your protaganist; he can fill one of the above slot but you can also but a little extra focus to magic or might by choosing how you will class him.

I generally recommend against multi- or dualclassing prot.'s they just seem to weak but that could just be me.

Hmm, looks like a wrote a damn novel here, or an entire "Noob Bible: Party building for Dummies" mystic manual.
    Oh well enjoy

3. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why doesn't Jaheira get a 2? She can tank better then Anome IMHO. She can wear all the same defensive eaquipment and she has stoneskin. She doesn't get grand mastery but on the other hand she still advances in her fighter class.

You also "forgot" :rolleyes:
    (2) Cernd
    (7) Valygar
    :p :D

Now back serious you really forgot :doh: :nono:
    (2/3) Mazzy
    (2/4) Haer'Dalis

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What about
    2 fighters
    1 fighter/cleric (possibly beserker/cleric dualled lvl9)
    1 fighter/druid
    1 thief/mage
    1 conjurer or sorcerer

in total, the equivelant to
    3 fighters
    1 divine caster
    1.5 arcane casters
    0.5 thiefs

@septic yougurt, I would have to disagree with your "Lord of the Funk" line, that possition is taken!!!

5. Xerxes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I usually go mage heavy to cast lots of offensive damage spells.

1 fighter type
    1 assasin (for theiving skills and some combat support, back stab is also needed to weaken up the enemy)
    1 divine
    1 arcane/divine
    2 arcane

try to have a druid and a cleric in this party for maximum spell selection.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.