1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for hi-res portraits.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Amdis, May 7, 2008.

1. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Well as the title reads, i am looking for protrait packs that
    are hi-res or better looking then what i have. Portaits with
    a quality close or equal to this one.

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/GUI/GUI Record.jpg

Although i would love to have the one you see here i assume
    that it was made for personal use. But Any one who knows where
    i can find portrait pictures for BG2 for no matter what type of class
    with that quality then please let me know.

I did look at the portraits section of Sorcerers place and downloaded
    severall of them and some have a few that i realy like but still, i like
    quality of quantity so to speak. :D

2. Raven_BWL Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Try here. There are a massive number of portraits, many are from other games or even movies etc. but there are plenty of good BG-style ones too IMO.

Baronius likes this.
  3. Minstrel Wandering Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Tell me, dear friend...what UI mod is that, featured in that screenshot? :confused:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, that one was made from a Diablo 2 wallpaper and is quite common. I'm sure it's in at least one pack on SP.

5. Amdis

That would be this one Minstrel Wandering.

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/guimod1.html

touch_of_the_void i will certainly go through that site, thanks for the
    link. :)

And Taluntain, i guess i must have downloaded the wrong packs
    then, oh well means i will have to download them all to see if i can
    find that one, thanks. :)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    At a quick search I found one IWD2 Diablo 2 portraits pack on SP, but the paladin pic there is different and the portrait dimensions in IWD2 are also completely different, so that's not much help unless you want to manually make BG2 portraits out of them.

7. Amdis

Well i am willing to do that. Setting the pixels to the right sizes
    should do the trick right?

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, basically you just need to crop the large sized ones to the proper dimensions (they're listed in every game's readme and here).

9. Amdis

Thanks Taluntain, i found severall pictures on the web that i
    used to make BG2 portraits of. They are pretty good quality
    i think and i even found the picture that you saw in the first
    post.

* I made 6 sets for Assassin/Thief type chars, which are all from
    the main character of Assassins Creed.(So there all male)

* And i made 6 sets for Paladin/Warrior type chars. 3 are for
    females and 3 are for males.

The width and height for the large pics are 110-170 with a
    filesize of 56.494 bytes. And the small pics are all 38-60 and
    with a filesize of 7.014 bytes, so they should all work as they
    should.

Not sure if i can/should upload them as an archive to SP?

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Sure, we can always use more good portraits... check this page for submission info.

11. Amdis

Thanks Taluntain. Should i use the Contact us link to send the file so it can
    be checkedl? (Or more precise, the adress mentioned there? )

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Yup, the same address listed there is also listed on the submissions page.

13. Amdis

Thanks Taluntain, i just send the pack to that address.

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Could we perhaps get a link to said protrait packs?

15. Amdis

It isn't up yet Balle. I got a email yesterday in which they told me that
    the portrait pack will be put up with the next site update. So it will come
    up but whe will have to wait for a while. :)

And thanks for being interested. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.