1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for a Mod which has more Strength Based Dialogue

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Paromin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Paromin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Particularly one that checks for 25 Strength.

Like you get an extra option in all the dialogues when the character initiating has 25 Strength. Kinda seems sad that the game gives you a 25 Strength weapon but doesn't let you use it to threaten people by punching through the wall behind them.

Or other stuff like a Mage with Level 9 Spells and 18 INT and WIS (although can the game check for that? Maybe check for Mage Levels to see if he can cast Level 9 Spells?) saying "I can do things to you that you can't even imagine. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Things."

You know... dialogue that actually takes your actual character's extreme abilities into consideration?

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    As far as I am aware, no mod currently has dialogue based on supernaturally high stats. At least, I've never heard of one doing that.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Me neither, and I can speak for being the unofficial mod freak out here, though I really don't see why, your idea is swell and I can only hope that some nice mod makers take a liking to your idea too, so we can enjoy such feeling of power in the in-game dialogues in not so distant future-mods to come. (whoa, long sentence! :whoa:)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Funny you should mention extreme stats :p I was going to do a blog entry on the subject. (Started writing one up last night)

I like the way PS:T handles stats in dialogues and think there should be plenty of stat related dialogue sequences - either reactionary or player incited. Characters should be able to comment on perceptions of stupidity, strength or a particularly lithe form.

I have not heard of any plans to make existing NPCs respond in such a way or allow for a player to act in such a way that a player can do actions based on statistics - or actions where success or failure is dependant on stats - such as intimidating merchants. There are, obviously quest related things - just nothing overtly 'social' in the game in such a manner.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, stat-based dialogie. Cool idea.

I can just imagine romance dialogues with conversation based on high Dex. Or even Con. :p

T2Bruno likes this.
  6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Why am I not surprised that got brought up? :shake:

The flirt packs have several stat related comments. I believe Viconia makes a comment on strength then is rude if she notices a strength enhancing item about your person.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Aha, ofcourse, flirt packs, Viccy at one point grabbed my character's arm and said 'pathetic I can't understand how a godly essence can be in such a flimsy body' or something to that effect, because of an abysmal STR score I guess. Also I remember encouraging Aerie to punch my cocky character hard to tease her and when she did, well I have forgotten the belt of giant strength on her, the dialogue even said that I have forgotten the STR enhancing item, and it actually HURT lol :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.