1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looking for a few answers

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shadow Druid, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Okay I just need help with a couple of things.

1. What are you supposed to do with Wanev? I just killed him.... :confused:

2. When you do the druid quest is it possible to save the spirit of the wood or is it doomed to die? I fought something called the spirit of the wood, it was a deer with spells.

3. How do you start your henchmen's quests? I have Daelan and I never did his quest in Chapter 1, I'm not in chapter 2.

4. Where is the guy that can upgrade your weapons and stuff??

If I think of anymore I'll post them. Thanks in advance. :D

2. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i can only answer #3 and #4, since i dont' remember the rest. To start a henchman's quest, they need to be in your party for awhile, and you need to be a specific level I think. Then you continually talk with them, each time getting more and more information out of them about their past. Once they get comfortable with you, they will tell you thier whole story, and you will get the quest to help them.

#4) As far as I know, the weapon upgrade is only available in HOtU in chapter 2 and in chapter 3.

hope that helps.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    #2 I remember the Spirit of the Wood living after I fought with it. I think that it begs for mercy when it's life gets very low.

Edit: sorry, I wasn't a druid at the time so I guess I was not doing the druids quest

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

2) yes, during your search for it you should find two potions, one which is a poison and the other the antidote. First the spirit will attack you but if you get it low enough is life it will become neutral. Then you can talk to it and you get the option of giving it the poison or the antidote. This is IIRC. The only thing I'm sure is that there is a poison and an antidote and you somehow can use one of the two (you choose which).

3) You need to be high enough level (level 7 in chapter IIRC) and then talk to them while they are in your team. Keep on talking to them until they give you the quest.

4) I suppose you mean the forge where +1 weapons (or higher enchanted ones) are combined with other items like Gargoyle Skull. If this is the case, in chapter 1 he is behind the closed door in the back of the weapon shop. Talk to the shop keeper and if you are a fighting class he will give you a stone to enter. If you're not a fighting class then you have to persuade him to give it to you.

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wanev is part of Eltoora's Tome quest, and part of the gem quest that (I forget his name) the elf in the Tavern (where the werewolf kid hangs out) gives you.

In addition, he'll give you a quest as well, well that is, if you don't kill him.

2. as the others have said, yes, you can give Bambi the antidote.

3. If you don't start the henchmen's quest in chapter 1, you can't continue it in the following chapters. Those quests are purely annoying anyway:

- click henchman, go to "lets talk" option 1, then click 1 until he's done talking. And believe me, that's a LOT of 1s.

- They will always ask to find some item, which is almost always just sitting in a barrel or a bookshelf somewhere.

- if you miss these quests, you're missing nothing.

4. The weapon upgrade guy, as above, in chapter 1, is in the back room of the weapon shop. You have to make a persuade check to get the key to the back room. I *believe* he follows the Neverwinter camp from chapter to chapter as well (just like Eltoora does, and the druid guy). I know he's at least in chapter 2 or 3 at least, just check the different blacksmith shops at the camps.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.