1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Look Mom. I Sold All My Magic Stuff! (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nobleman, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The order of the Rings is a group who only look upon faith through divining in circular objects. They prefer gold. Throughout time they have acquired mountains or even realms of gold. A prodegy of theirs only known as "The Nun" had a gift like no other to aquire gold. Unfortunately she was a rebel like no other too. One day she was doomed by the Lord of the rings, she was an exile. Thrown out of the society of the rings. She could only return by donating a sum of no less than 200,000 gold pieces. The same day she was kidnapped. And she knew she had to make a trip to hell someday to chage herself. To change her chaotic nature. To once again abide to the rules of the Rings.

Mission objectives

Sells all magical Weapons
    Sells all magical armor/items
    Must obtain 200,000 GP throughout SoA and ToB
    Must not die

The last objective is for my own pleasure. Just to live out the intensity of normal PnP. I'll try and stay alive for as long as possible. Let it be known that I have run three persons before the story of Nun was born.

--Sister Greedy- Died in Irenicus dungeon slayed by Golems
    --Sister Puny died while solving tanner-musders (held by Ghast)
    -- Antimagica died in Irenicus' dungeon by the hand of the clone.

Now Nun of the Rings has survived far enough to let her continue even if she dies. I'll do everything in my power to prevent it. If she dies I'll still continue with the hope of acheiving the three major goals mentioned above.

Ok here goes.
    Nun of the rings
    Female F/M/T
    Mundane stats
    Str:14
    Dex:17
    con:10
    Int:16 (I know she can't get all spelllevels but so be it)
    Wis: 12
    cha: 10

--Completed Irenicus dungeon. Avoided Otyugh, clone and Golems. Used Protection from Normal weapons a lot. HARD
    --Sold wares at Ribald. Bought Prot. Scroll against magic and bought a few spells.
    --Completed circus mission Walk in the park
    --freed Hendak, cast lots of selfimproving spells. Very Easy
    --Got stopped in the street for casting spell. STUPID
    --Walked around town to look for stuff to pop up.
    --Got attacked by Suna Seni's group. Lucky not to be killed by Lighning bolt. Vampiric touch imperitive to her. Low Con. HARD
    --Cast spell on street again. Had to use protect from magic. 3000 goldpieces wasted by my own stupidity. What a great scroll. All cowled died. Average
    --Bought magic license :)
    --Freed Viconia who was screaming for help.EASY
    --Was waylaid by group who carried corpse of Renfeld. Delivered him to Rylock. Killed MAd cleric of Cyric, but had to drink a potion of freedom just to be sure not to die. INTENSE(oh I love living on the edge)
    --Bought a new prot. Vs. Magic At Ribald. Bought One against undead too. (she has seen a lot of vamps in the street at night. Bought a CACO fiend as a scroll to cast. Just in case hell breaks loose. :)

Much more to come tonight. Damn hard to get started. now the Nun just walks around and picks up adventures as they come. Relaxed and layed back. She has started the skinner murders and burried Tirdir case. And Xzar has approached her, Umar hills and windspear hills are open, and she has agreed to help Nalia and Hendak. So there is enough stuff to do. She needs more potions and more protection scrolls. And more money!! She hasn't learned a fifth level spell yet. Falis everything I give her in that level. My own fault I guess, for giving her 16 in Intellgence :(. She is level 8/9/9 now and only has 1240 GP. Boy there is a long way to 200,000 :)

PS. I had to pause for a minute and hit myself a few times, for casting a second spell on the street without a license. :1eye:

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 14, 2001).]

2. sorvo Guest

sounds like a tough job, maybe you should keep a magic item(s) and sell them later when you get closer to your goal:)

3. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Hehehehe... well, good luck my friend. :)

Hmm... to make things more interesting, how about playing the game while you're drunk. :grin:

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow. Good challenge. Good luck.

BTW, great title under your name. :)

5. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Look Mom - I need to make a magic oriented game harder than it needs to be.. just because I am bored! 8-)

Gotta love it... Lord of the rings (Small "r" I noticed.)... Bless me, sister for I love magic. ZzZzZzzZzzzZzzzappp!!!

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I really don't rean nor answer threads like this. But this time the guilty "spammer" is:
    Nobleman?!?!

What a surprise?! :p :p :p :p

Nobleman, I can say only this: :toofar::toofar:

J/K - GOOD LUCK! ;)

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Nobleman!! What happened to Mojo?? :p :D

Anyway, good luck, you're going to need it, Bwahahaahahahahah :D. BTW, what level of difficulty are you playing on?

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nobleman, get back to Mojo! Now! :)

In the probable case you decide to ignore the above, I can only say: "I wish you intelligence, for luck runs out so fast". :grin:

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

hehe. Thanx for the encouragement all of you, an old man is gonna need it :) :). I am going to play on Mojo now, since I have to ponder on where to send the Nun next :) And I am getting a wee bit tired, so we all know the mistakes starts popping like corns in an oven. Don't they Wildfire :D

Sorvo You have a great point. Perhaps I should find a coffin and stash all the Hardware untill I can get a good price. Thx mate.

Eveningdrive I'll go drunk only on Mojo :1eye:

Ok. Back to business. I play core rules Crazyfire, but Hitpoints doesn't really matter to a F/M/T they are always low. :)

• Roamed a little more around town. Got involved in Unseeing eye quest.
    • Seeked out the Radient heart (she heard of it in a tavern) Let her back to Bridge district.
    • Solved the Tanner murder (didn't go downstairs, Just reported to Chief of barracks so NO FIGHT
    • Found Tirdirs murderer. beefed up with magic in the battle against the two scoundrels, still they hit hard GOT DANGEROUS
    • Couldn't find anything about the Radiant heart mission (first time I play it. cool :) )
    • Fought three vamps, who were fighting a single Shadow Thief. Used Prot. Vs. Undead scroll. NOT A SCRATCH. BUT FOR A PRICE
    • Found Wellyn's Teddybear
    • Helped frame Xzar. The battle in Prebeks house was easy. Vampiric touch on one of them and 3xMM on the other. But it was expensive. Had gulped a lot of potions to protect against failure. EASY
    • Got Involved in Shadow thief mission at Mae'Var. She has been promised a guild there by Renal bloodscalp. (never done that before either!!!)
    • Did a little research at Mae'Var's. And opened all the doors. (finally gotten her stash of healing potions up again after the battle against the Cowled wizards' summonings
    • Did a lot of shopping. Bought several prot. Vs Undead and Restoration scrolls.EXPENSIVE
    • Drank a bottle of the best genious liquid and memorized lots of spells. NEAT
    • Killed Pirate gang backstage of The Sea Bounty. Protection from missiles was a needo. Still they hit hard and the mage was really troublesome. Perhaps wrong to use so many resources on this battle. MEDIUM. INTENSE

This all happened in a lot of days. The Vampiric touch is still really great. The Nun has never worn any armor actually and has never shot her x-bow. She Cast strenght and heads for close combat. I am a bit.. no... to be honest I am very concerned about my number of freedom potions. I am running out of them and it is an awfull way to die. And it is always a threat to be held, stunned etc. She has a lot of gold by now and doesn't need new spell and potion supplies. She has phantom blade now, great against undead. Gold

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 14, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  10. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

This should be an interesting story/game. Are you planning on allowing the Nun to wear a Traveller's Robe or some such? They can be viewed as non-magical (asbestos/charcoal lined for fire-resistance, heavy fur for cold resistance, etc...). At best they would provide "backup" to normal armor, but could be better than nothing. Also, with an FMT, do you have a familiar? What is it?

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Good job!! I love the idea of an "order of the rings".... ;) Her alignment is chaotic, you said, but chaotic good, neutral, or evil??

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Hi again on such a lovely saturday evening. :)

Kailynne I haven't thought of a familiar. Is it possible for a F/M/T? Anyway I wont use any robes. Well I just to be sure not to bend my rules of engagement.

Tiamat the order of the rings use their scrying ability to fight for good in life. They support Lawfull warriors with strong insight on the enemy. Their divining just happens best in gold coins, which are consumed after the scrying session. Therefore The Nun is Chaotic good but is trying to adapt to lawfull behavior.

So the storyline today

--Defeated pirates behind hidden door in Seabounty. Again saved by Prot. from normal weapons. The mage's power was immense :) and the pirates hit hard in close combat. LETHAL
    --Did last attempt to find and dispose Anarg the fallen paladin. Beats me where he is.. :) Did snoop into an estate where I was less than welcome. I retreated when I was curtain it wasn't Anarg's hideout EASY
    -- Stole necklace from Weathermistress. (working for Mae'Var NO COMBAT
    --Began to search unseeing eye cult in the sewers. The nun's new pal, the Air elemental, cleared out goblins and Kobold.
    -- Dispatched Sea troll for Sewer Fence.
    -- Stumbled into Adventure group. Whoa!! I had forgotten all about them. What a battle. Got to pour down lots of potions and the battle was drawn as far as overground and around the temple district. Cost lots of potions. Lots of scrolls. To defend against any annoying spell effects. But the loot was immense! There are still half the group down there waiting for her. VERY VERY LETHAL AND EXPENSIVE
    -- Wanted to see green green grass after the chock. Resupplied with potions and scrolls and went to Windspear Hills with acorns. Had another hard battle against the paladins. Had to quaff a heavy portion of potions here too. VERY HARD
    -- Defended Garren's home from bandits while he was away to clear The Nun's name. AVERAGE
    -- Delivered the Acorns NO COMBAT
    --Wanted to help to find Garren's kidnapped child but met heavy resistance. The Werewolves made The Nun realise that retreat was the only answer. Total retreat from Windspear. The Werewolf battle was even worsened when an Ankheg joined to try and get a share of the Nun. TOO HARD. TOO RISKY. RETREAT
    -- Umar hills is much more quiet :) Helped Madulf and his monster gang in negotiations. NO COMBAT
    -- Gave beer to Dilbert's youth gang NO COMBAT
    -- Bough chickens to get emeraldNO COMBAT
    --Found Mimic blood for Jermien's Golem construction. The mimic was destroyed by a hasted air elemental. In the same cave lay Dilbert and his friend drunk. heh. The Golem went down fast. EASY
    -- Found Diary in Ranger Cabin.
    -- Sit in Tavern and ponders on what to do next.

Reflection
    She needs a better armorclass. I don't know how but somehow it is not enough now. The spell armor in combination with blur is not enough. Every monster in the realm doesn't seem to care that her AC is -1. I have to upgrade to the spirit armor I think. But its duration is far less. The income has been stagnant due to the very expensive battle in the sewers and the almost as expensive one in Windspear. Actually Windspear was one big failure. :( A good thing is stoneskin and mirror image. It keeps her from instant kills, so I have time to retreat with her. I am looking forward to sixth spell level. But its so far away :wail:, and the Nun is both running out of easy quests and potion supplies across the city. I have invested in spellimmunity and hopes it can guard her against hold like spells. Actually anything that involves spellcasters is troublesome to her. Fighting brute force is her game. But time is working against her. The only possitive aspect of her life is her air elemental. It is a joy. It is also a joy to be excited at surviving even simple encounters. Survival gaming is a whole new sport.

She is level 9/11/11 hitpoints 42 and has 9328 GP.

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I thought all mages, regardless of single, dual or multi-class status, were allowed familiars. This would help with the low HP issue.

Yeah, that group in the Temple District sewers is something else for a solo charcter - aren't they? They certainly kicked Lerrahud's butt all over the District.

Anyway, this is a great story. I tip my hat to your ability to encapsulate the story despite the brevity of your posts.

14. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

If you need a tip concerning Anarg

he's somewhere in the Bridge District!

15. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Not a very helpful tip considering that's where he was looking for him. (-:

Those paladins are outside, Nobleman. I know "hideout" makes it sound like they're in a building (I had the same problem at first), but they're just standing around in the street, kind of in the northeast part of town.

16. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Better AC, eh? Well, you could always try getting your hands on one of those elven chains... :D

17. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I always thought -1AC should have been more beneficial than it seems. Heck, I still get hit pretty good despite having -3 or -6 AC.

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Nuh-uh, Namuras.... Elven chains are considered magical by very nature. Great work, Nobleman.

19. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Hmmm... didn't know that (obviously).
    Thanks for enlightening me. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.