1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lonelywood (Ooc)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Here it goes, a new RP set in the Forgotten Realms, more precisely in the snowy Icewind Dale region and even more precisely in the small willage of Lonelywood. The village has an inn, a mayor's house and about five small houses in which the ordinar folk (like hunters and fishermen) live.

Rules

:) No Power Gaming (characters can die but you can not say "/me kills someone". You could for example say "/me falls unconcious after receiving a a warhammer blow to his head.
    :) Races can be any of the FR common races, plus a few other, like Drow.
    :)Classes can be anything from wizard to barbarian to hunter to fisherman. It won't make no diference so you could eaven be a commoner that doesn't eaven know how to cook or make a fire...
    :) No major charecter's yet! Maybe I shall implement a playable mayor and inkeeper later.
    :) No magic or, special, masterwork or other type of extraordinary weapons. You won't be using a Longsword of Fire +1, but will be using a simple Longsword.
    :) As far as fighting goes, you can never mention any other player character getting hurt or killed unless they have mentioned it themselves in an earlier post. (copy/paste from Lantus' rules)
    :) No one has control over any other players character!
    :square: NPCs can be controlled by ANYONE!

I reserve the right to modify the rulesor add new ones as we go on.

My Character:

- Name: Rholmar Korthim
    - Race: Human
    - Class: Hunter (ex-Ranger)
    - Home: House #3 (Bottom Right)
    - History: Born in the town of Derlusk, in the Broder Kingdoms, on the other side of the continent of Faerun, he has adventured across the continent for about 10 years as a bow expert Ranger. Now he has retired from the career of adventuring and has settled in the village of Lonelywood as a hunter.
    - Personality: Rholmar is a talkative fellow that likes telling stories of his adventuring days. He is very calm and gets angry very rarely, but when he does, you don't want to be around. He doesn't really like the cold, so he spend a lot of time in the inn, talking and drinking.
    - Appearance: Rholmar somewhat cares about his appearance, but not much. He wares simple clothing. His hair is black and very long. He always carries his longbow on his back and his shortsword hanging from his belt. He strangely wears mostly red clothes.

[ February 11, 2005, 07:47: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Can anyone join, and is it Freeform rules?

3. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

A little problem I picked out...

You said:
    Note the wizard part of the sentence.
    You then said:

Note the 'No magic' part of that sentence. How will that work, you can't have a wizard or sorc. without magic... Well you can, but there is no point

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I think he meant no magic weapons.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You can be a wizard that must still learn all his spells, or do you not call it a wizard then?

6. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Kilted: Yes, anyone can join and the rules are preety freeform.

@Terthe: As I said, no magic weapons (thus your weapons won't have a "+1" or "+2" etc. Because those "pluses" are used only for combat, which will be kind of freeform, we won't be rolling any dices or anything like that) So this means that wizards will be using spells, but weapons will be standard, with no enhachments.

@Sleepy: As I said: "So this means that wizards will be using spells, but weapons will be standard, with no enhachments."

@All: I don't really care if people only drop by once a week and post something, because there wont really be any "main characters". Everyone will be as important as the other one.

7. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Oh, ok, my bad. :p

Can I have a bard or sorcerer who has magic, but can't fully control it yet, so he doesn't cast proper spells, just stuff happens? ;)

8. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Lantus may think of playing. I think i will be a powerful Drow god who destroys the earth! ;) No, seriously, i will playing if i can organise a good ass character. Thinking of a brewer! :)

[EDIT:]

I hope this has nothing to do with 'The Village'? ;) Here is my character. Anthing wrong, just tell me. Not posting tonight, maybe tomorrow.

NAME: Lantus Bearstone
    RACE: Human
    CLASS: N/A (Home Brewer)

HISTORY: Lantus has lived in Lonelywood for many years, but his home had once been Baldur’s Gate. After he left home, Lantus had bought a home outside of the great city, but eventually decided he wanted to spend his life travelling. After three years of travelling, he came across Lonelywood and fell in love with the small village. Since that day, he had lived in the town as a brewer, running a small business from his own home.

PERSONALITY: Being in the small village, Lantus is a very cheery chap who gets along with all he knows. And he knows the entire village! Mainly because of the beer he sells, Lantus is a well known name in Lonelywood. He always wants to have some fun, a laugh and a good Mead. This makes him a very liked member of the small community.

APPEARANCE: Lantus is short, fat and bald. The typical beer-making drunk! He has grey eyes and his hair had once been black. He spends most time indoors, thus his skin is very pale. You would never see Lantus with a weapon.

[ February 07, 2005, 06:08: Message edited by: Lantus ]

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Terthe: You won't have to memorise spells, you just cast 'em and puff! BUT,(for example) don't start casting very powerfull spells like "Power Word - Kill" on a goblin (whom you could kill with a table spoon).

@Lantus: No, this has nothing to do with 'The Village'. I'm just a Ferrari Formula One Team Fan.
    "GENDER: Human" < ???????
    It's not really a big deal to know everyone in Lonelywood :)

Just so you'd get an ideea about the size of Lonelywood, check this map and info: LONELYWOOD MAP.
    Please decide in which house you shall live.
    I LIVE IN HOUSE NUMBER 3!!!
    sorry for yelling :)

But yes, Lantus, your character is OK. Can't wait to have you on board the Lonelywood Express (that was so pathetic :( )

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I think I will join :p .

Name: Yümvo
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Traveling Jester

History: I traveled all around the world but never been in a place is small as Lonelywood, hopefully I can make some money here...

PERSONALITY: Well it's a depressed traveling Jester, the problem is he isn't that funny...

appearance: He has long blackhair in a ponytail he is slim and pale. He is wearing a black with red Jester suit with gold and silver bells that make noise when he walks, really annoying. He weard long black boots and has a silver staf.

[ February 07, 2005, 22:04: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

11. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sorry about the typo! Changed it, and i live i house 5! Sleepy, your jester that's nto funny sounds good ;)

[EDIT:] I live in the hosue labelled with a 9 on teh map. Also, are all the NPC's (from the game) going to be there, or is it new NPC's?

12. Steeze Gems: 10/31

@Kelvon: What i'm saying is that my guy doesn't use proper spells, he will just wave at something and a bolt of fire will fly at them. Hope that is ok.

Name: Jerek Froin
    Race: Halfling

History: Has lived in Lonely Wood all his life. Makes his living as the town bard, but isn't very good at it. Is losing even more buisness to ????. As a strong reputation around the small town for not being able to control his small amount of magic or his music. Despite all his clumsiniss(can't spell it) he is friends with everyone in the town, but mostly the brewer(Lantus) for his hobbies inculde drinking and smoking with Froidoc and anyone else willing to join them. Jerek occupies house #6, he lives with his brother Froidoc who hunts for a living.

Appearance: Average height, weight and build for a halfing. Dark brown hair and green eyes, light tan.

13. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Sleepy: Glad to have you on board! Try to add an 'appearance' for your character.

@Lantus: For now, the innkeeper is the only NPC. You can all add NPCs if you want to.

@Terthe: Yes, yes... waving at something is ok :)
    I would advise you to live in house #7, mainly because your character has a brother and house 6 isn't really a house, it's more of a refuge place (it doesn't have a fireplace, no flooring, and one carpet as a bed :) House 7 has 2 rooms, ideal for your two characters. ;)
    Rholmar will definetly be willing to join a smoking session!

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Allright I did give him a name and discribed the way he looks :p

Lets get started

15. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Ok, house seven it is.
    My chars brother won't have a big part in the story, he is just there to try and had some flavour ;)

16. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Perfect, Terthe! Let's get it rolling :rolling:

@Sleepy: Hey, maybe your character can be part of the evil that's driving all the animals away. It could be an interesing turnover at a certain moment in the RP.

[ February 08, 2005, 15:42: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

17. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok Kelvon finally joining. Happy? My character will live in house number 4, which he has converted into a barracks of sorts. He lives there with the following:
    dwarf:Forran
    half-orc:Herak
    human male:Olin
    human female:Zaera

My character is:

Name:Sarkin
    Race:human
    Class:fighter
    Personality:tolerant,helpfull,easy to anger
    Appearance:tall, short dark hair, dark eyes, wears simple clothes under a chainmail,wolf skin cloak, leather boots and has a longsword and small round shield
    History: He was born in Targos, after a while he got bored of being a simple footman and moved to lonelywood. There he recruted four other to make a militia. He loves the redhead Zaera but she doesn't know about that.

@Everyone I've talked to Kelvon about this and he said ok, I'll be handling the militia. Don't worry I won't boss around just for the heck of it. My only job is keeping the town secure from goblins and winter wolfs.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah maybe I'm evil you will never know, at least not at this moment! :)

[ February 10, 2005, 17:05: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

19. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Garak: Welcome :)

@Sleepy: Yes, well just have to wait and see...

20. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok Kelvon as we discused I'm going to carry Rholamr back to his house so you can wake up in your house instead of lying in the snow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.