1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

lone wolfing it.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by damnedifiknow, Nov 30, 2000.

1. damnedifiknow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Howdy, well vacation is almost done (the one vacation i scheduled to play baldur's gate till my eyes bled and have permanent carpal tendon).

Well my first crew went bad mostly cause like a retard i made Iomen dual class when she was 5th level thief, so i had no thieving skills when i hit the mines. So made a new char and that team has just reached Baldur's Gate.

Anywho on to the subject, running paralell with this crew i have my solo char, no team with him. He's an elf fighter/thief with some badass stats, so far with him. I've taken out the southern mines, bassilus, ulcaster and the bandit camp. He's already 5th/6th level. I havn't spoken with any NPCs yet cuase i may need them later on, but I was wondering how far anyone else has done it with a solo char...i'm thinking now i should have made him a fighter-thief-mage so i can use some of the heavy hittin' wands...

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Er, the longest i've ever got is to 5th level as a fighter or cleric...

3. Sol'Kanar Guest

Well, one solo of mine was also an elven fighter-theif. Did very well with that one. Once I got to Baldur's Gate I stopped for some reason or another I dont really remember why... Then my other one was an elven diviner. I couldn't conjure but could do all other things. With this one I got to cloakwood mines and stopped there, again I don't remember why I stopped.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Problem with having a solo career as a mage/wizard etc. is that you gotta keep on resting to regain your spells especially early on!

5. Sol'Kanar Guest

Yes, I noticed that myself. Total pain in the arse if you are disturbed in the night. I ended up having to keep a lot of spell scroll in my quick item slots which was rather expensive. Wands help alot too.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Yes they are but those wand of magic missiles i found flipping useless!

7. Sol'Kanar Guest

Aye, useless wands are a problem. The wand of paralasis never seems to work for me, and one magic missile? What good is that?

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Aye, the wand of polymorph is pretty cool now...turns them into squirrels!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Wand of Missiles is very useful... but not for killing.
    It's main use is in the fact that it can disrupt any mage's spellcasting because of it's fastest cast rate.
    So any time you see a mage start casting, you can use the wand to spoil the spell for him.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

That never works with me! It always takes flipping hours to cast the damn missile...

11. damnedifiknow Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Update on my lone wolf,

Well he made it to Baldur's Gate and kicked some serious booty, boots of speed, backstab, exploding arrows, speed potions, storm giant potions and magic blocking potions kick ass.

Actually this solo character does better than my other team.

Although at CandleKeep, Prat and his boys gave me a run for my money.

hehehe, i love it when i back stab people and they explode, hahaha, course my char back stabs on average for 40 points of damage.

I'm gonna have to load the patch to take the cap off of experience since i'm capped and i'm a 6th level fighter, seventh level theif

12. damnedifiknow Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] well my char. made it by his lonesome to the final battle and well...it's looking a little bleak for our hero.

i'm gonna try a few more combinations and after that call it quits, unless i remove the xp cap which is pointless now since i've dropped all the 'expensive' kills...ah well it was a fun run.

next i'm working on my evil team, the only goody-tooshey char i will not kill is Imoen...childhood friend and all but as for the rest...muhahahhahah. I think i'll need lots of money since i'll need to keep my rep up to at least 8 and well i plan on pillaging and plundering as i please so nothing like donating money to the church for salvation...hmmm, sounds familiar.

[This message has been edited by damnedifiknow (edited December 05, 2000).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.