1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Logical thinker, no? Then what?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by trillex, Oct 2, 2003.

1. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I'm in that "luck" that I'm not a logical thinker and I'm on a mathematical based school where math, chemistry and science are major subjects and I just feel lost in them. What could I do to train my logic thinking or should I take another school? Science and astronomy is something I like but I'm not an oral (language) person so I don't want to take such an education (In denmark, you have to take 2 other languages besides english and danish + another every year, which is something I HATE) I just don't understand most of the math these days but we've only been in school for 3 months and I really feel .. lost. Help.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

maybe it's the teacher, maybe it's the books. Is it only math or also chemistry? What level are you? (highschool?) else drop by the chat, I'm not having problems with A level math, maybe I could help you out :)

Here's a link for quick reference to look stuff I don't immediately understand. Sometimes it helps looking at from another point of view than that of the book.
    http://www.matlex.dk/introduktion.html

3. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's HTX, 1g so I guess Math is around level b and chemistry C and such. But it's just the logical thinking. Sometimes I just can't see a way through an assignment but when I see at someone else it all makes sense.

4. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I would suggest figuring stuff out for yourself, take up chess, put furniture together without the manual or play some of those logic trainer games. Anything that requires you to figure out what B is from A is helpful.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

ever had problems in math before?

I'm redoing my math (though at a faster pace) since there's some elements I didn't understand. Now that I see it a second time, it helps a lot.
    If you have had some problems understanding some of the stuff in ground school, you could probaby look it up and then understand it.

math is often orderly structured. If there's a thing that you don't quite understand, the things put on top might seem odd and unlogic too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.