1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well i have met many american people and every single on of them loves linkin park and so do i. So how many of you actually like them here?

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I do! The stuff on their debut CD was pretty good, but I really like the stuff on their latest CD. Great stuff! :rolling:

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My son (the little snook) at age seven is totally hooked on them. He can't wait for his voice to change so he can try singing Crawlin'

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    [​IMG] Sorry, I hate their stuff. I think they are terrrible, IMO. But I'm a different generation. Gimme that 80s stuff anyday. You are right though, they are really popular with the younger guys.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, they're quite good I guess. Its not lke I'd run out and buy any more of their albums or anything however.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

They're okay, I wouldn't buy any of their CDs of anything, but I wont throw the radio out the window when one of their songs are been played.

7. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I really like them, they've got a cool sound !
    Although imho they're first album, Hybrid Theory, was better than the new one.

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

IMHO they are boring. There is a whole lot of better bands out there.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good to see Padeen is back.

Anyways, I don't listen to Linkin Park that much, but I suppose they're popular for a reason.

10. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have their older one, and it's alright... their songs all sound the same, but if I'm in the mood, I'll listen to it.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't really like them much until their "Reanimation" CD came out, then I became a big fan. I love their sound, but I don't pay much attention to Chester's lyrics. The whole teenage-angst crap is just so tired and boring. I've only heard 1 song off their newest record, and wasn't too impressed with it. Oh well. :roll:

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For Linking Park symbolises something even worse than Britney Spears and N'Sync, they are an artificial band playing music cynically created to appeal to the younguns that tired of Spears and BSB and wanted to listen to 'real' music. Linkin Park is just another MTV band, no different from BSB, N'Sync, Britney Spears, Destiny's Child or Marilyn Manson.

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Except for the Marilyn Manson part, I could not agree more!!

(I don't really see how MM is "another MTV band")

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Marilyn Manson is too a product from the record companies, designed to attract the teens that feel left out of mainstream teen society. Be it of choice or not. Those that dont listen to the mainstream, and they are many, had to be given something by the record industry so they god forbid didnt go out and found music made by hardworking talented bands that fight for every single gig. Manson is perfectly tailored to appeal to those youths. He is freaky, dangerous, makes tough music, have music videos where he bash the establishment and the popular people and parents and moralists are shocked by him!
    He is the perfect product!!!

15. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Marylin Manson is in my view a little bit different. Yes, he is a gift for MTV and the record companies. But he is, in my view, not a product of them, but a self-made product. As far as I see it, the guy who covered "tainted love" isn't as much musicaly gifted, but a smart seller of himself. A gifted entertainer, who could have been a comic artist. So, at least it's a guy who has created himself as a product, a product to which MTV couldn't say anything else but "YES !".

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I agree totally on what Joacquin says. I have over 300 channels, watching almost the all some time a week, except MTV, VH1(and all the other channels by MTV) and ZTV(a Swedish MTV). Those channels just plain suck, playing music that is bad made, written awfully, played poor and most of all, sung TERRIBLE!!

I listen to music that is home made by the bands, its Swedish punk, not English or American or Chinese, SWEDISH. And that is the best style ever.

Some bands are Senap, EAK/Eld Attack Krossa and Krymplings

Translations:
    Senap - Mustard
    EAK/Eld Attack Krossa - FAC - Fire Attack Crush
    Krymplings - Invalid People

17. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I like Linkin' Park and I have all of their CDs.

Mr. Grammarbane is back. 'YAY'.

:?

18. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I TOTALLY agree with Joaquin.I also never listen to MTV VH1 or other music channels.I want good music, not Linkin Park.I said the same nearly 2 years ago when Limp Bizkit was popular.
    I listen to Scandinavian rock and metal groups(Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, HIM ....) and some other groups(Sepultura, Dream Theater).
    Maybe it's me but the new(or nu?)metal is crap.

19. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well, I used to like them when they first appeared on the nu-metal scene. But now, I think they have become the 'boysband' of the metal. They are EXTREMELY commercial and their songs all have the same theme's and sound almost exactly the same. They do have a few good one's though, like 'crawling'. The newest single 'faint' is much better than their usual work, but still not great. No, nu-metal has become a very commercial musicstyle, and that is why I prefer heavy, black, and deathmetal. Not commercial at all, and it shows in the songs. ;)

20. book_marq Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Linkin Park is so over played here that they make me sick. I honestly cannot stand them. They are a bunch of little screaming Wieners.

In short, YET ANOTHER one of those bands that sound like another one of those bands.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.