1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Light of Selune, Rev 2 released

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by crucis, Dec 6, 2009.

1. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

OK, Rev 2 of the Light of Selune mod has been released. It's entirely about
    a number of minor tweaks to classes and races.

Please note that on the mods page http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_mods.php that there's currently no mention of Light Of Selune being at rev 2. Trust me, it is.

Here's a list of the changes made in Rev 2 of LoS.

Rev 2 Changes

* Removed Ranger 1d8 HP, returning to the standard 1d10. (Reason: no sense in weakening an already weak class.)

* Removed the Ranger improved Reflex save progression. (Reason: The Reflex save tweak was buggy in multiclass situations.)

* Added a free Lightning Reflexes feat for Rangers at creation. (Reason: this is a mild replacement for the removal of the buggy "improved" Reflex save progression.)

* Removed the Ranger +1 missile AB and damage bonus every 3rd level. (Reason: it wasn't working properly, or at least not visibly so.)

* Added bonus feats for Rangers and Paladins every 4th level starting at level 4. (Reason: to "improve" two seemingly weak classes.)

* Added 2 additional bonus feats for Rogues at levels 4 and 7. (Reason: to "improve" a seemingly weak rogue class.)

* Changed cost of the Alchemy skill for Rogues to 1 point. (Reason: to make the rather weak Envenom Weapon rogue feat more attainable in normal mode.) ((Honestly not sure that it's worth the effort even with this change ...))

* Increased damage produced by traps by 50%. (Reason: to "improve" a seemingly weak rogue class by increasing the danger posed by traps.)

* Added a +1 AC "size" bonus for Rock Gnomes (but not Deep Gnomes) and all Halflings. This bonus is implemented as giving the Dodge feat free for for these races, regardless of DEX.

* Changed Weapon Focus and Specialization to +1 AB/+2 damage for Focus, and +2 AB/+4 damage for Specialization. (Reason: to strengthen the weapon feats to make them more worthwhile.)

* All talking skills have been changed to in-class 1 point skills for all classes. (Reason: to make it more possible for classes other than the high CHA paladin, sorcerer, or bard classes to be decent party spokesmen.)

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Might make an OOTS party then -- I feel my will save against doing that is going to fail. Hello Fighter as party spokesman!!

3. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Awesome idea! :D But then, Roy does look like a diplomat very much already... might have to give this idea a try myself.

I'll certainly give this mod a shot, once I finish my run in HoF mode with my current party. Thanks a lot crucis, it looks might interesting.

4. Striker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Mod CTD's game when loading Fell Wood

I had this mod installed with a bunch of others and everything was working fine till I went to load Fell Wood after leaving Wandering Village. It crashes to desktop every time and never makes it into Fell Wood. So I reinstalled clean with just the patch and installed mod's 1 by 1 and this one happened to be the first one I did. I was able to enter Fell Wood before installing this mod and afterwards I'm unable to anymore.. Crashes to desktop. When I uninstalled mod it works again.

Not sure why, I haven't seen anyone else list the problem, but right now it's only a fresh install of IWD2, the patch, the Non-Linear part of Ease mod, and this mod and it will crash.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Try PMing crucis about it, I'm not sure if he's checking the forums actively at this point.

6. Striker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sent him a pm.. We'll see if he see's it.

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I’ve been using this mod for my current run through, and it’s added some nice variety. Thank you for that Crucis!!

One point that I found rather disconcerting is that there is no mention made in the readme that this mod changes the Holy Avenger sword from a 1 handed sword to a 2 handed sword! I found this out, to my great chagrin, last night when my longsword focused paladin could not properly wield this long awaited weapon!!

I ultimately installed the “Improved Holy Avenger” feature from the Ease of Use mod, which returned Cera Sumat to its proper, 1 handed configuration. In spite of the EoU version incorrectly listing this sword as doing +10 damage, +10 attack and +30 SR (it actually does +5 damage, +5 attack and +15 SR), at least it’s the correct weapon type.

Crucis, I’d like to strongly suggest that you add a note to users about this change in future versions. I’ve even taken the liberty of updating your readme text below for your convenience (and the convenience of future players). Or better yet, this would be great to see as an optional change for those who prefer to stick with 1 handed swords.

By the way, the bold lettering on the word is was a grammatical correction that I noticed needed to be made. You refer to a single feature, so "is" should be used instead of "are" to describe that feature.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.