1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Life-BS or not?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Eze, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think that life is utter BS. It just is. All the stupid relationship things and stuff.

Your thoughts and please don't say idiodicies like I need to get laid or whatever. Cause I don't. :/

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You need to play more

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Whether you want to remain a depressed, angst-ridden, complaining woman the rest of your life is your choice. I would urge you to think positive, but I imagine you have some negative comment on that.

Oh, yeah, I disagree with you.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You don't need to get laid. In fact you need not to, considering your age.

But let's moveone on. That something is going wrong or, as you prefer, has been going wrong for as many years as you live, life still doesn't suck. Everything that happens to us is what builds us, our minds, personalities, bodies, the people we are. Obstacles help train discipline, the willingness and ability to survive, even ambition if you like. The harder the battle, the more joyful the victory and the more you learn.

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I need to play more? What I need to play exactly?

Ahah. Well, I ain't the type to care about victories. Naah.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well here it goes, this is the song that helped me out of the pit:

Cheer up, Eze. You know what they say.
    Some things in life are bad,
    They can really make you mad.
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle,
    Don't grumble, give a wistle!
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...
    And...

(the music fades into the song)

...always look on the bright side of life!
    (whistle)

Always look on the bright side of life...
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten!
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
    Don't be silly chumps,
    Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
    And... always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)
    Come on!

(other start to join in)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    (whistle)

For life is quite absurd,
    And death's the final word.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow!
    Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
    Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
    Just before you draw your terminal breath.
    Life's a piece of ****,
    When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
    You'll see it's all a show,
    Keep 'em laughing as you go.
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...
    (whistle)
    Always look on the bright side of life
    (whistle)

:grin:

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Play. Outside. Giggle. Burp out loud. Make fun of everything...Life really is not that hard. Well, unless you take the bar exam. :p You take life faaaaar tooooo seriously!

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

hehe, you need some team spirit. Nothing a trip through bootcampt can't fix I think.
    Through hard discipline many learn to feel special, and that is why it work so well and many make life long friends during armytime (at least in this country).

But as Bel said, play more. You could play anything, doesn't really matter which. Just something.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    See my post to you in Random Babbling. In large part, I agree with Oaz: life will suck just as hard as you make it. You're the one who has to live with the choice, so make sure you're OK with it.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

THis may sound callous, but life isn't as bad when you dont give a damn. Problems and bad situations matter less if you care less. (obviously I'm refering to the little things, not major things like life changing events and chioces. Those do matter, as I know, as I am entering my GCSE year. Hello Stress!)

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Life is beautiful, period. Even in bad times i wouldn't wanna miss anything of it.

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just do what I do:
    If something good happens be happy.

If something bad happens just say "F*** it" and move on

Besides no matter how much life sucks, it is better than being dead.

13. Alurith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

some of what i'm about to say might sound a little harsh.
    But this is what i know. This is what i believe.

Life suck and a total BS ? Yes of course. In fact in my whole year of living i only found several occasion that say otherwise. But doing nothing and think about it over and over, doesnt really help.

if you feeling down or feel bad about something, find the source of the problem, then decide what you would do about it. When you're doing this lower your moral and ethic compass. If that means throwing a tart to your boyfriend's face or yelling to your mother's face, then do so. Just don't do something you'll regret and you can't fix, like burning your boyfriend's house or stabbing your mother.

If the source of the problem is bigger, and you can't confront it frontally then think of alternatives and confront it from there. Pulling pranks on him, setting trap for him, or conspire with your friends against him. Just don't kill the bastard.

If the problem is in or within you then remember this : "You have people around you surround you that will help you, love you, and protect you" then remember these person. if you can't remember any people that will help, love, or protect you then think the other way. Do you have anybody that you want to help, love or protect ? then remember the happy times you have or will have with with them.

if you found none of my advice usefull, or you think i miss the point then i'm sorry. This is coming from personal experience, this is what i know, This is what i believe.

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Go listen to "Fade to Black" a few times - it worked for me!

\m/

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

OK, it this a second Random Babbling Post? Instead of discussing Eze's problems there, a new thread is made where she complains. Life is a *****, get over it and start living. It sure is better than not living. Everybody has problems, even the people who always seem happy. They have the same problems as anyone else, but they deal with their problems effectively and don't let other people notice their problems. If you think you suck at everything, you will suck at everything. Society isn't going to change for you, you are the one that needs to adept. Try not to be mean sometimes, try to be nice. It may suck, but if you are nice to other people, they will be nice to you.

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I agree with what Morgoth said.
    Always look on the bright side of life.
    There is a good side to everything, you just have to make an effort to find it. The life someone lives depends on the attitude of that person. Try smiling at people, say "Hi" to strangers you pass in the street, go outside and read a book in the fresh air.
    And on a final note... (as Morgoth said above)
    Life's a piece of ****,
    When you look at it.
    Life's a laugh
    And death's a joke it's true.

You'll see it's all a show,
    Just keep on laughin as you go,
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

That song is so cool.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Incidently, copies of this record can be purchased in the foyer. Some of us have to make a living you know.
    *whistles song*

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Oh yes, you can't forget about that bit, can you now?

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think I'll agree (for once) with Oaz, and Bel. Life is only BS when you turn it into BS. If something annoys you, detach yourself or ignore it. Go out and bum around with friends. If you don't have any friends, go out and get some!

(On an unrelated note: This thread has been hijacked. Please wait while it makes its way to Cuba)

20. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Eze i think you are around 12? And you believe that life is BS! My dear girl what will you do when you grow up and start facing the really big problems of life? Kill yourself? Do yourself a favor and start enjoying the fact that you are alive and well and try to find these little joys of life that make her beautifull (friends, games, etc).
    Aristotelis (IIRC otherwise was someone else Greek philosopher) said that we could never understand what joy feels like if we haven't taste sorrow everything has two sides you must taste both to understand both.
    You seem to me that you clutch yourself to one side and refuse to acknowledge the other one.
    This is very personall fight you are (not) giving and you will never be complete or fulfill your goals as a person unless you decide to embrace yourself as it is and just decide that this is what you have and this is what you have to make better. Life is, as others already posted, just a mirror of what you are letting out from yourself, if it sucks maybe it is because you are letting a bad vibe (face, attitude, you name it) come out from within you.
    All i can say is i hope you the best and know that we are here to help you anyway we can

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.