1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lemmings!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Mesmero, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Remember those little guys that always fall to their death? It must have been years since I last played Lemmings, but just a moment ago, I felt the urge to play it again. There is only one problem, my old amiga is sitting somewhere in a corner with a big pile of dust on it. I might set it up tomorrow.

So, any Lemmings fans here? Maybe people who still play Lemmings? And when I say Lemmings, I don't mean those 3D games that were made a few years ago. I mean the first Lemmings and things like Oh No! More Lemmings or Christmas Lemmings.

Don't know what Lemmings is? :shame: See here

2. New Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hmm? I like the game... until my 700 lemmings fall off the damn cliff because I wasn't looking.

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have got:
    - Lemmings (original, ok it's a windows version but it is the original levels and everything)
    - Oh No! More lemmings (windows version again)
    - Lemmings Paintball
    - 2 Lemmings 'gamebooks' i.e. turn to paragraph 24 to use builders, or 72 to use miners etc. Pretty good compared to some out there.

I have played (but not got):
    - The DOS versions of Lemmings and Oh No! More lemmings, (which are superior to the windows versions, if only in that they were one of the first games i played :reminisce:)
    - Lemmings 2 (PC and Megadrive)
    - 3D Lemmings (the first 3D one i forget what it was called). Not so keen on the 3D i didn't think it was as good as the 2D ones.

I have also made (though lost to changing computer) 2 powerpoint presentation lemming parodies (one of the black civil rights movement of America, and one of Nazi Germany) which, ironically, I ended up studying at GCSE level history. No lemmings in lessons alas :(

I love Lemmings (the orginals anyway).

[edit] from your link, Silverblade, it appears I have played 'Lemmings Chronicles/All New World of Lemmings' for i distinctly remember "The Lemmings are bigger (actually closer to the screen), and they are much more detailed. The Egyptian Lemmings are actually dressed up in Egyptian clothing, and the shadow Lemmings are actually wearing black suits" and I also have a feeling that although it looked nice i didn't like it very much.

Oh i also had 4 free lemming cardboard ball mazes from some cereal.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

HUGE Lemmings fan here. I have the original Lemmings, OH NO more lemmings (but the game's screwed up), Lemmings 2 the Tribes (best of the ones I've played), and Lemmings 3 [EDIT] the Chronicles if I'm not mistaken [/EDIT]. All on PC. And I also tried a demo of Christmas Lemmings, which is just like the original except new levels of course.

I beat all of them except the screwed up one (without any tips or cheats). And extremely proud of it too! One of those computer achievements that I'll never forget. But I probably forgot how to beat the mayhem ones already :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.