1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Legendary skill retain enchants?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Sir Rechet, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

My google-fu is failing me for a simple question:

If you make Enchanting skill Legendary, do you still retain your learned enchants? Guessing yes, since you seem to retain learned spells regardless of their level. At least many people talk about re-leveling Alteration with Telekinesis - which you must have gotten in the first go around or you can't even get it right after making it Legendary.

Confirm/deny?

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I can't deny it, simply because I never bothered making enchanting legendary (smithing and alchemy are far easier to level), but I can't see why that would happen. It's not like you have to re-learn alchemy recipes when you set the skill to legendary, so I'd see no reason why that would be a problem. The easy test would be to do it, and then try it - reload if you lose them. But like I said, I can't see why that would happen.

3. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Well, Enchanting most surely is much slower to level than either Alchemy or Smithing, but suppose you have extra 300-400 filled soul gems in your stash, why not? I'm planning on having a sniper bow with Soul Trap enchant, it should provide more than I'll ever need, really. :)

Edit: To hell with it, can't really continue with my current char anyways so might as well pick the 1.9 patch. To my surprise, it actually loaded a savegame and after a quick conversion to Legendary, my Enchanting still shows all the enchants. Which is nice in a way, but makes collecting several sets of enchanted items just for the sake of (re-)disenchanting a moot point.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    While being able to disenchant additional items once the skill was reset would speed up the process of re-leveling the skill, to me it would be more of a pain in the arse than anything. Let's face it - the amount of experience you receive from disenchanting is small compared to the amount you gain when enchanting new items.

Sure, when your enchanting skill is low disenchanting an item may increase the skill level, but that diminishes quite rapidly as your level progresses. It seems like you only get slightly more experience from disenchanting an item than you get from the subsequent enchantment you can make once it is learned. And since the only real limitation to the number of enchants you can make is the number of filled soul gems you can acquire, to me it wouldn't even be worth the effort to try and re-find/purchase everything you may want to disenchant.

And once your wealth is high enough, soul gems are pretty much available in limitless supply too. Simply visiting all the mages at the College will allow you to purchase 20+ filled soul gems in one stop.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.