1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Last Battle - Morag ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Spellbound, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Have been at this for awhile with no luck...have tried just about everything I have on hand for offensive weapons and dispelling her protections. Nothing works--she's not even injured. Can someone pass along a clue?

2. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Kill the lizard men kneeling around the statue. Each one is giving Morag a different immunity. Determine which one is making Morag immune to your attacks by checking their lables.

It is not necessary to kill all of them.

3. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Did you notice the circle of clerics? Each of them is labeled as casting a protection spell. So, maybe if you killed one or two of them, then Morag might lose some of her protections?

4. Spellbound

Just tried to get one or two or them....not injured in the slightest---I tried fireballs, lightning, missiles---even tried to hasten and get past the swords...nothing worked. And when you look at their challenge rating it says "Effortless". ??? Doesn't make sense. :mad: ???

[This message has been edited by Spellbound (edited July 10, 2002).]

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

bash the statue first :) then the spikes should go away.
    I didn't really have a problem with this part with my Ranger but my Necromancer even after destroying the statue and the fire immune guy still can't dmg morag with fireballs..
    Morag is definitly harder to beat with a spellcaster.
    although the dragons on the way where alot easier :D

6. Spellbound

Finally!! Used "Dominate Monster" on one of the lizards, who with my wizard, dispatched Morag pretty quickly. But it was close.

[This message has been edited by Spellbound (edited July 11, 2002).]

7. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't wish to sound cleaver....but for me, Morag was pathetic. I immediatly noticed the statue, broke it, slayed the hands of Morag, slaughtered the sword and fire protectee, and made short work of Morag, who couldn't beat me past half my health. Unfortunatly, Tomi got picked on straight away, and died within mere seconds.

In case people start wondering, I was lvl 18, A paladin, and as any God as my witness, I didn't cheat once throughout the game.
    Fighting that red dragon was tougher, even though it started with its health on badly injured. He must have killed me about 6 or 7 times before I took him down.
    Possible spoiler
    In case you haven't noticed, the lizards who are generating the shield on Morag can only die by their corresponding title. E.g. The sword lizard can only be killed by swords, the storm lizard can only be killed by lightning.

[This message has been edited by Enthasius (edited July 12, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Enthasius (edited July 12, 2002).]

8. Syrel Gems: 6/31

killing Morag with my Ranger was simple too.
    try with a wizard :D
    you run out of spells if you don't plan it out before hand and get a little bit lucky to boot :)
    Palidin as with Ranger you don't have to worry so much because you don't have a limited amount of attacks you can swing your sword as many times as you like.
    + you have alot more life
    my lev 20 necromancer has 62 hp
    as opposed to my Ranger who has something like 170

9. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Morag took me a few times to figure out because I had to destroy the statue, kill the Hands of Morag, Kill the protections from sword and fire, and then finally attack her.

10. ConradOdack Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually, there is one spell that will get those lizard men. Mind you, this battle lasted me 3 reloads and the last one lasted 10 mins (half the time running around). I found out that most of the lizardmen, if not all, are vulnerable to Horrid Wilting. So if you can cast that spell, you can get rid of those lizardmen pretty fast due to the area effect. Just cast 2 or 3 and they should be dead.

11. monkey Gems: 6/31

I had a level 19 fighter dwarf with a great axe and Daelan as my henchman.
    Morag was easy although her bodyguards (hands of Morag?) were hard and killed Daelan quickly.
    I ran through the blade barrier without it doing any damage (or at least it wasnt noticable).
    I then tried to kill the guys protecting her but none of them seem susceptible to my great axe - only on about the third attempt did he seemed to damage the sword guy (he might have had damage resistance) even though my guy had about 30 str at this point.
    Morag was easy after that and I only used one heal potion (after killing her bodyguards).
    I think it was the ring of elemental resistance that really made this easy. Its great against all traps and spellcasters. If you have the greater swordsman/archer/brawler belts you would be close to invincible (I didn't have them unfortunately).

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I just finished off Morag on lvl-18 (12 pally/ 4 fighter/ 2 cleric), practically in melee. I left Tomi behind since he would have died quickly anyway. I took out the two hands of Morag quickly, then the statue and the egg-thingies. After that I tried to kill off the kneeling lizards and I was happy that I had kept a nice asortment of the weapons I found along my way. My pally was 100% fireproof and he regenerated fast so Morags occational spells never really bothered him and even when he took damage - he had about 230hp. Due to my AC of 42 she never hit me in melee so I was able to deal with her minions undisturbed. When I managed to kill all except 3 of the kneeling lizards I was finally able to hurt Morag. Her end then came quick - I put the best weapon I found in the game, the drone morningstar +4, to good use on her ;)

Unfortunately I was never able to try out this +4 b'sword with wounding damage I had found earlier, it required lvl-19 :( but I think it wouldn't have changed much anyway :D A pity I leveld up to lvl-19 with killing Morag :almostmad:

I found the end a little disappointing though, I had wished a little final dialogue scene with Aribeth, Nasher and the rest of the crew, not just that silly movie ... :(

13. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think that they should have done a multi ending thing after the fight, depending on your alignment. They did three for BGII, so surely two wouldn't be a bother.

14. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Nah.. It's simple with a wizard too. I dispatched the first chosens very easily but figuring you can't rest after that, I knew i had lost some important spells so i loaded the autosave, killed the chosens and the cleric with 7 and lower level spells (not exactly easy but chain lightning works wonders (especially if you're a level 20 caster) and finished them in my first try :))

Morag was pretty easy in my first try too heh
    Having cast protection from all things imaginable (whatever protection spells I had left :p (and haste of course)), seeing Morag and her protectors bundled up together neatly, uhm.. Timestop, Horrid Wilting, Horrid Wilting, Meteor Swarm, Meteor Swarm, Time Stop Mordenkainen's Disjunction (on Morag), Horrid Wilting, Empowered Chain Lightning, Empowered Chain Lightning.. By this time everyone was dead (including Daelan - dead by the meteor swarms :)) I wouldn't expect any creature to survive that anyway :p

This timestop makes the wizards pretty much invincible. I mean none of the bosses pose much of a challenge when you use it. Aribeth and Maugrim.. they couldn't even lift their swords to fight before they hit the ground.
    Same with the two dragons at the end :D
    That's why BG2 had the bosses immune to it. But that's cheating on the games part, I'd rather not have them immune to timestop. The way to fix it could be to make the casting time 2 rounds or more so the enemy has a chance of breaking my concentration or counterspelling (I've never been counterspelled though)
    Anyway it was fun, although I had expected more of a grandeur at the end

[This message has been edited by Invoker (edited July 22, 2002).]

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :evil: Hehe, timestops didn't save neither Morag nor Maugrim :evil: Invincibility depends on the player and the appropiate level and equipment :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.