1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laser printer problems

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ToTaL, Dec 16, 2003.

1. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have problems with brother HL-1250 printer. When he prints text, it shadows the rest of the page, so the whole page is darker. Any idea what is wrong?

I have printed about 2000 pages to now, and the toner should last 3000 with 5% coverage...

2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't accept responsability for anything that happens ever , but

Quick answer
    Clean rollers. Replace DR600 Drum Unit.

--------------------------------------------
    Techie Answer

It depends on what you mean by shadows. The link below shows how a laser printer works.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/laser-printer1.htm

The fusers that heat up the toner and paper to fix the two together have a teflon coating (non-stick) that may have built up a layer of grime that is causing toner to stick to them. This would result in the ghost images appearing about two horizontal lines apart or a long streak running vertically.

The discharge lamp may not be working(or be blown, just like the ones in an ordinary floodlight will blow). This would mean the entire image of about quarter of a page would be ghosted and the entire page would be dark. A rootle about on the web says that it is a BROTHER 115V(SP)or 230V(SP) HALOGEN LAMP.

I've seen one listed by an American company listed at $17.14, which of course is of no real help to you...

I think (that is, I don't know), that the lamp is integral to the DR600 Drum Unit which you, the user, must replace every 20,000 copies (or when the Drum LED is on). Replacing the whole Drum unit is user friendly and very easy, but expensive at $100.

If I knew that I had to replace the Drum Unit, then I would take a screw driver to the old unit first, and check if the halogen lamp had blown, and just replace it if it had. (Me like electronics).

Otherwise just replace the Drum Unit like a normal human being.

If you are considering checking the lamp, the HL-1250 parts list complete with assembly drawings is on the UK Brother site, and probably also on the Brother Site dedicated to your country.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.