1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Large Skeletons -- Having Difficulty

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Spellbound, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The large skeletons in the mauseleum are giving me tremendous problems. We've been using bashing weapons, but nothing seems to work -- dying every time. I'm getting tired of making the trek from the mortuary back to the mauseleum over and over again. Any suggestions?

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Really, they are too hard to beat with your low-level beginning character. Sometimes in Planescape, it is better to just run for it, because the Nameless One can really MOVE!!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, I'd come back after you've levelled a bit - though I just ran for the end and missed out the Skeletons mostly :o

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You may destroy those ones by reading (through your dialogue) specific ritual from the book you find inside the Mortuary.

[ November 06, 2002, 22:45: Message edited by: Extremist ]

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Are we talking about the same skeletons?

I though the mausloeum wasn't in the Mortuary - but was the building with all the hostile skeletons and the evil mage

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well, I don't know what happened, but, after I died the third time, came back into the mauseleum and smashed those giant skeletons into smithereens!! (They were probably injured from before.) But I was able to reduce them to a pile of bones in just a couple of seconds. And they made a very cool klunking sound when they fell! :grin:

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Awww, sorry, my mistake, I've misread the question... :(

Otherwise I'd suggested getting the best hammer in the game inside Player's Maze. ;)

8. Apothetai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Brimstone hammer, the best in the game? I prefer Reason actually.

To each his own, I guess.

9. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Well, stat-wise, I don't think any weapon can really beat "Celestial Fire" or "Entropic Blade" for any proficiency. But if you take into account that the "Brimstone Hammer" can be acquired as soon as you start the game, that is pretty good! Especially since you won't find a better hammer until the Lower Ward ("Reason" does more damage, and has better bonuses).

[ November 25, 2002, 04:43: Message edited by: Platter ]

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Where can you acquire those two weapons? (Brimstone and Reason)

11. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Brimstone Hammer - Player's Maze. Just become a disciple of Aoskar from Aola in the "Alley of Dangerous Angles" as soon as you leave the Mortuary, and you'll get Mazed.

Reason - from the Godsmen store once you join their faction. If you leave the faction, you will no longer be able to use Reason.

[ November 27, 2002, 01:10: Message edited by: Platter ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.