1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost turned on his side as his father entered the room to wake him up, and braced himself. "Miost, you are not sleeping in again! There are chores to be done, and errands to run!" Miost turned back to face the large man, and yawned.

"Do I have to? I did all of Jasto's chores yesterday, can't I sleep in today?" Miost sat up in bed, scatching his head.

"Miost," his father started in a more calm tone, "THAT WAS LAST WEEK!!"

He scrunched up his face into a frown, "Oh.. so it was." His father left the room to let him dress, and Miost walked lazily over to his dresser. He peeled off his other clothes, and slowly pulled on the new ones, pausing in the process to yawn.

Once he had his clothes on he walked to the kitchen where his mother was cooking fish. The smell pleased him, and he sat down at the table, ready to eat.

His mother turned around and smiled, "Sorry to displease you my lord," she started in a mock accent, "But this fish is for working men. You will only get some when you are done your chores." She bowed overdramatically as he slugged out of the room.

He walked outside and smelled the fresh air. He walked over to his father in their small garden, waiting for his father to give him a job. "Got anything for me?"

"Oh, Miost the Great Sleeping Monster has finally awoken, has he?" He chuckled, "Yes, take that pile of weeds into the forest and dump them in the compost."

Miost stumbled over to the pile and heaved them into the small wheel barrow that they had. He muttered to himself, Why does everyone take that tone with me? He trudged into the forest, watching as the light slowly faded, and followed the trail to the village's compost. He dumped the weeds, and stretched his arms, they were sore after pushing that heavy load. He cracked his back and sat down against a tree, and intended to sleep, but instead, something in the trees caught his eye.

He walked through bushes to the tree that the "shiny" was in, and started to climb it. The only problem was that this particular tree was covered in slippery moss. He placed his hands on his hips and looked around, wishing his bow was with him. He saw a small pile of rocks nearby, and picked the lightest one up, and threw it at the shiny. The rock hit a branch below it, and fell to the ground. He tried and tried, but it was no use. He pondered what to do.

He took his loose belt off of his pants, and tried to hook it on a branch. After many unseccesful attempts, he finally latched onto a thick branch and pulled himself up with it. He grabbed the branch, trying to catch his breath, and then hoisted himself into a sitting position. He spotted the shiny a tiny ways up, and reached up for it, but he couldn't reach. He slowly moved into a standing position, and grabbed the shiny. He tried to land on the branch again, but it was too slippery and he fell down to the ground. Luckily he landed on a mound of moss that broke his fall. He closed and opened his eyes, then realized that he was squeezing the shiny.

He opened his hand and it revealed the shiny. It was red-orange in color, with white-blue streaks slicing through it. He stroked the side of it with one shaking finger, and it froze. He pulled his finger back in disgust. He placed it in his pocket after wrapping it up with his shirt, and took it home.

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben finished pealing the last basketfull of potatoes, then dumped them in the kettle to boil. "That's the last of them, Frehicke," he said to the tavern's cook. "I've got all my other chores done. If Nimmkelt asks, tell him I've gone to the jungle to look for mushrooms."

"Okay, take care now," the cook said. She wasn't all that bad, much better than the hard nose Nimmkelt was. Torben went down into the root cellar, moved a few barrels of wheat away from the door to his hole, and went in to get his collecting gear.

After he had everything, he crawled down a narrow tunnel to the wall of the well. Going through a hidden door, he took a sip of a water breathing potion, then dropped into the well. Near the bottom, he swam through a small tunnel into a cavern.

He went over to his secret laboratory. Everything seemed the same, but with all the little tunnels branching off from the main cavern, he never knew who or what might find its way down he.

Today, he was going to search the north-northwest passages. He hooked the pick-axe head to his pole, and went off to where he had stopped working two days ago.

After some exhausting work, he broke into a very small chamber. Signs of a recent cave in told him that a larger passageway into it had closed up not long ago. Small rocks were strewn all over the floor. One of them was quite different, in fact, upon closer inspection, Torben wasn't quite sure if it was a rock at all. Touching it, it was squishy, like leather, and a little sticky.

With a rush of excitement, Torben realized it was an egg of some kind. But what? Whatever had laid it wouldn't be coming back through the caved-in passageway, and whatever hatched from it might need help from its parents, or might be useful in making some type of potions or brews. Torben put it in his cloak and went back to his laboratory.

Where should he keep it? In his secret lab, or in the root cellar, or somewhere else? He didn't know. He thought that he would like to ask Miost. He always had good ideas.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

[Breyd]

As Breyd came towards the edge of the trees surrounding the village Laelit she had been told it was called, she looked over the village it seemed her mother had remembered well; there was no sign of a Mage tower or Temple or other repository of knowledge. She wondered how the village would take the sight of her and Bast, at which point the cat nudged her with her shoulder and Breyd ran her fingers over soft fur of the cat reminiscing.

Unlike the other children she grew up with she had no time for playing with tools, metals and gems, for her it was wondering the hills about the mines studying the plants and animals, gathering herbs and mosses. There was so much she had learnt when Alastor a wandering Druid had stopped and stayed with her after talking to her parents, and he had only left after Bast had appeared explaining that she would be the first of her companions.
    [/Breyd]

[Bast]

Bast sniffed the air and smelled more of the two-legged ones ahead but few were like her packmate Breyd, she didn’t like it and nudged Breyd with a low growl in her throat, looking back over her shoulder at the rainforest and safety.
    [/Bast]

[Breyd]

At the growl Breyd looked across and saw Bast looking longingly at the trees “I know it would be better if we didn’t leave, but mother says I must find what this egg means and that means interacting with more people; we can’t hide in our hills forever you know. It’s your fault anyway if you hadn’t pointed the egg out to me I’d never have seen it, come on let’s see if they’ve got an Inn and find out where Ashir lives if he’s still here” and so saying she walked towards the village.
    [/Breyd]

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena winced as the brambles dug into the back of her hand, but getting those roots were more important than a tiny pain. She followed the base of the shrub blindly with her fingers, gently brushing away dry dirt and exposing her discovery. A drop of sweat trickled down her cheek as she patiently and gently dug the earth away.

Her fingertips nudged something smooth and hard. She sighed and pulled what she thought to be a stone out from beneath the shrub. Rubbing it with a thumb, she noticed it shone with an inner, green light and sent a prickle of awareness through her blood. Pocketing the object, she continued her task of herb gathering. The roots she sought were deeper than expected, but free of the motherplant.

She smiled briefly, the muscles of her mouth protesting at the queer movement. There had been little for her to smile about for much of her homelife. Tears welled in her large eyes as she remembered her mother's sacrifice to protect her only child.

Briskly, Lena wiped a hand across her face and left a smudge of dirt behind. She removed a strip of cloth from her undershirt and carefully wrapped the medicinal tubers before placing them in her satchel.

Her stomach growled with hunger. The village of Laelit was near. Surely there would be an inn or a tavern where she could take a meal in peace. She slyly checked her few coppers and blinked back more tears. Perhaps she could pay in trade instead of money, she thought and stepped smartly in the direction of Laelit.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Cresting the top of the hill was easy enough, it was finding what he was looking for that was the difficult part. Alandro gazed over the smaller mounds surrounding the one he stood on, and sighed. He felt his head being turned, and an excited exclamation.

"There, brother!"

He nodded, and began to clambour down towards the next hill over.

After a few minutes he reached it, and shook the dampness from his cloak as he entered the cave. The rainforest might be many things: beautiful, dangerous, natural, but pleasant was it was not. Not to him, anyway.

Besides, the water was tarnishing his armour.

"Plate is hardly appropriate for a jungle, brother."

Alandro waved a hand back at the source of the voice, and headed deeper into the cave.

Soon, he came to the purpose of his quest. A golden glow shone from around the corner, and reflected off his chestplate, giving him an uneartly glow. Alandra, it seemed, has been correct. The blade was indeed here. He rounded he corner, and stopped.

The chamber was elliptic, with smooth walls, and no corners. It was brightly lit, but not by the expected sword. Instead, in the centre of the floor, was an egg. A glowing egg, surrounded by vivid scorch marks, as if an inferno had blazed here. The egg iself bore the faint signs of burning around its base, but no mere egg could have survived a blaze of this intensity.

Alandro, ignored the egg, but his companion focused in on it.

"There brother!"

Alandro lifted his head from his careful scrutiny of the floor of the far end of the chamber.

"The sword?"

"The egg!"

"The egg? What of it? Where is the sword?"

"Lift the egg for me, brother."

Alandro did so, and yelped at the heat, dropping the egg again. His companion gasped, but the egg simply rolled away after hitting the floor. Beneath the egg, and on its underside was a dicolouration, golden, as if it had been seeped in liquid. That on the floor has hardened, and he drew the dagger at his belt and poked it. Then he cut a slievr away, and raised it to his face.

"Gold."

"The fire must have melted it."

"And left the egg?"

"Alandro, take it with you."

"What?"

"I feel it is important, brother. This is no ordinary egg, to be boiled and eaten. This egg is special. Take it with you, I fear it is near hatching."

"What is it?"

"I don't know. Just promise me you'll take it."

"Aye sister, I will if it means that much to you."

His sister's spriti clutched her hands to her chest and nodded. Alandro pulled his sleeves over his hands, and gingerly lifted the egg. Surprisingly, it was cooler, so he tipped it into on hand as he pulled the other from its sleeve. The egg felt like marble, but warm, and it pulsed with life. Alandra was right, it was near hatching.

He carefully placed it into the top of his satchel, and taking a last look about the cave as he went, left, followed by the apparition of his sister.

She pointed him in the direction of the local village, Laelit, and within an hour he was ordering an ale and a meal from the tavern's cook. A day's searching through the jungle had left him famished, and his sister seemed to forget soemtimes that he needed food.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben dried himself off in the root cellar, it wouldn't do to have Frehicke wondering about how he got sopping wet when there was no water in the cellar. He tucked the egg in a bag and went out through the kitchen, intending to go see Miost, but Frehicke stopped him.

"There you are, thank gods! There're three new customers in the tavern. Get out there and help serve 'em. Give 'em some of the best ale, you know the kind. Did you get any mushrooms?" Frehicke asked.

"Mushrooms? Um, no, I didn't find any today," Torben went behind the bar and filled three mugs full of the good ale. Taking them to the newcomers, who were all sitting at separate tables, he said, "Welcome to Nimmkelt's. All travelers get the first mug on the house. Enjoy. My name's Torben. Call me if you need anything."

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost walked along the trail to his home, and contemplated whether to kepp the shiny or not. He finally decided to take it out of his crumpled up shirt. He slowly unwrapped it, stopping at the side of the leaf-covered trail to examine it.

It was very cold to the touch, but not as cold as it had been when he first touched it. He held it up to the sun. Nothing shone through it, so he knocked on the outside. He jumped back as it shook a little, and it landed on the ground with a thump. He expected it to shatter, as it fell onto a hard and knotty root. But to his surprise it bounced and landed softly in some grass.

He approached it cautiously. It was still shuddering a tiny bit, so he grabbed a long stick that was laying beside a tree. He poked the shiny with it. It jumped. He let out a yelp as he fell backwards onto the grass. He was taking in big gulps of air, and his hands were shaking.

Suddenly the shiny shot out a steady stream of icy liquid. It was like the steam that came from his mother's kettle when she prepared for tea. The liquid seemed to disappear into the air, and it soon stopped, only to reveal a small crack in the top half of it.

Again, he cautiously approached it, and quickly grabbed it, careful to point the crack away from him. Miost was horrified to find the crack slowly spreading as he held it. "Oh no, oh no, oh no.." He repeated as the crack was almost all the way around. It finally split and fell to the ground. Miost felt as though he was moving in slow motion. He threw himself back onto the ground, and closed his eyes.

He waited. And waited. Then he felt a rough, but warm something rubbing against his leg. He froze. It persisted. He tried to crawl away slowly, but something rough wrapped around his leg and dug in. Oh no, its an animal. That was an egg?! I can't believe it. Torben's going to freak! Oh my god, what is it? I hope its something we can eat. Or maybe Torben can make a cool drink out of it, he though to himself, and mayhaps one of those hallucinating drinks. Just then, his concious kicked in, as he remembered that there was an unknown animal licking him.

Open your eyes, ya damn fool! He opened his eyes and fainted.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn was in the forest. He was running hard. It was a good work out. The young man had alot to think about his father had finnally confessed to Kayn in a drunken haze. Kayn ws born far away from Laelit. He was born on the same day, same hour as nine other children. They were The Ten. They would grow up to be either defenders or conquerers. Kayn had always wondered why he could fight so well, and had an intellegence his friends didn't. So while he ran he thought about these revalations.

Kayn was stocky, he was well muscled and he enjoyed hard physical work. He had a cocky charm that worked well with the fairer sex and it didn't hurt that he was relatively handsome. His mother had died when he was around six and his father fled with the young boy.

Kayn didn't notice where he was going, he just knew he was running. He was to deep in thought to notice the low hanging branch that he was about to run full tilt into.

After laying on his back for a few second Kayn felt his forehead. It was sticky with blood. He had busted his head open on the branch. It wasn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last. Slowly standing, a little wobbly, he took in his surroundings. He was in a clearing that lead to a small ruined temple. He had never been this far out before. Walking into the temple he smiled. It was a discovery, as he wondered he noticed a faint green glow comeing from the front of the temple. Rushing to the glow, he found a small green and black egg in the middle of a dias. Grabbing it thinking it might be valuable. He turned and sprinted back out of the temple and to the forest. He felt rejuvinated and would run the whole way to town. He had something else to think about now.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena approached Laelit cautiously, worrying about her lack of funds. She found a busy tavern and went inside. She waited for a long while, getting jostled by comers and goers as she stood quietly. No one paid her any mind, so she reached out for the closest person who looked like they worked there. Her hand came down on the shoulder of a hobbit man. "Pardon, good sir," she said with a lilt to her voice. "Is the midday meal ready to serve?"

10. DarkStrider

[Breyd]
    Breyd wandered into the village getting some strange looks both at herself and the panther by her side she made her way to the Inn and stood in the door adjusting her sight
    [/Breyd]

[Bast]
    Bast sniffed the air inside the Inn smelling the roasting meats and the sweats of two-legs then she smelled an odour that her packmate looked for
    *Packmate there is a two leg with some of the roots that burn over there next to the very small two legs*
    [/Bast]

[Breyd ]
    She looked in the direction Bast indicated and then strolled in the direction of the shy looking person asking about the midday meal of a hobbit, once there "Excuse me, I believe you have some Fireweed roots would any of them be for sale ? My name is Breyd and I am a Druid, they are useful in some of potions and poultices. And this" as she pointed to her side "is Bast, my companion she smelled the roots on you, they must be fresh picked, yes?"
    [/Breyd]

11. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro took the offered mug, and took a long draught. He saw ALandra settle onto the bench next to him, and felt her poke him in the arm.

"The egg, brother. Let me see it."

He produced the egg, and carefully set it down on the table before them both. His sister leant in close to it, and stared in wonder at the golden glow coming from inside. The egg cast a gleam over everything nearby

"Sister, the other patrons?"

Alandra was mesmerized by the glow though, and replied "They matter not. The egg is near hatching, brother. It should be kept warm."

"I'm hardly going to perch on it."

"You're such a man. It needs warmth. How you find it is irrelevant." SHe sat up. "You need lodgings."

As usual, Alandro's head span at his sister's ability to change the subject so quickly, and his tired mind struggled to keep up.

"Ask the halfling."

"Yes. What was his name?"

"Torben. Ask for a room."

"I know how to gain lodgings, sister" ALandro replied sardonically.

He was moving towards the halfling when he remembered the egg, and turned back to his table. Alanra was watching over it, and casting worried glances left and right towards the many faces that seemed covetous in the light. Looking towards Torben, he saw that the man was busy, so he returned to the table.

"Sister, I don't like this. I'm putting it away."
    Suiting deed to word, he slipped the egg back into his pack, and clutched it to his chest protectively, but it was too late. It had been noticed by several of the patrons, and there was nothing the man or the spirit could do about it.

12. Scot

The tavern hadn't been this busy since the last harvest ending festival, but Torben was used to delivering everybody's food all at once and helping Frehicke in the kitchen at the same time.

After a few regulars were served, a woman asked him if the meal was ready.

"Yes, my lady. You can have potatoes, or kelp, with sausages or white-fish. If'n you want something different, it'll take a while longer, but we could probably do it." He set a mug of ale next to her without even her asking for it.

Then a druid who introduced herself as Breyd, who had a large cat with her, asked him about the fireweed that he'd picked last night. He motioned her under a table, she wasn't that much larger than he was, so she didn't really have to duck. "Yes, I do have some fresh fireweed. I'd be willing to trade you something for some of it. Looks like you're not from around here, so you might have something that I've never seen before. Something exotic, that's what I'd like to see, better if you have an inkling about what it might do too."

"Order up!" Frehicke called from the kitchen.

"Torben! Get to work!" Nimmkelt yelled from behind the bar.

"I'll be right back," Torben whispered to the druid, and rushed off to serve the customers.

13. DarkStrider

[Breyd]
    *Does he smell of fireweed as well* she asked Bast and having received a confirmation then turned to the woman and said "I was actually asking you Bast did point me to you, I did not realise that the halfling had some as well. May I sit here and I would still be interested in some Fireweed from you if you like; it is rather good for making palliatives and purgatives."
    [/Breyd]

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost woke to find two large silvery eyes boring into his own. He screamed and the small white dragon jumped back in surprise, revealing small pearly white fangs. They both froze, staring at each other with interest and at the same time, fear.

A dragon. In Laelit? He knew that there used to be a legendary yellow dragon in Wôrtenshÿn, the only mountain in their area, but none had been seen for at least two centuries. He and Torben had attempted to climb it one summer, but were bored to tears because the mountain was basically just rainforest all of the way up. No climbing. What do I do? he thought, Should I try and catch it? Maybe it will kill me. I sure hope not. And it might make a cool pet. And besides, I can't just leave it out here to fend for itself! It's only a hatchling.

He slowly moved his hand towards the small creature. It looked at the hand cautiously, and moved towards it as well. Miost stopped moving as the dragon licked his hand. It was surprisingly warm, and almost soothing. He reached his other hand to pet the back of the dragon, and it was wary, but let him.

Miost had a crazy thought, and decided to pick up the dragon. It was shockingly willing and curled into his chest as he pulled it closer.

He started to walk home, but decided to go to Torben's lab first.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn arrived in town around half an hour after finding the temple. The wound on his head had stopped bleeding and his head was a little clearer. Heading right to the tavern to get some food, he stopped at a rain barrel, dunked his head and scrubbed some of the blood, sweat and dirt of his face.

Walking into the tavern. He almost stepped on Torben. Ever since Kayn was a child he liked Torben, but he never really befriended the Hobbit. He walked to bar and asked for a helping of sausages and found a chair. Pulling the egg out of his pocket, he stared at it. It seemed like any other egg he had seen but it felt heavy, almost dense.

He realized that Torben might be the man to ask about the egg. He knew alot about the surrounding area. Wandering through the crowd he found the hobbit talking to a strange loking women and dwarf. Smiling at both he took the egg out of his pocket again. "Torben what kind of animal would have laid this kind of egg?"

16. Scot

Torben felt a small shock run through him. First, he had found the strange egg in the cavern, then that strange man set another, different egg on his table, and now Kayn pulled out yet a different egg. And the springtime fertility festival was months from now. What was going on? It must be something. He looked at Kayn's egg.

"Hmmn, well, it's definitely not any of the normal foul, chicken, duck, capon, or what. May I pick it up?" Kayn nodded.

It was quite heavy. "The coloration is interesting. Did you find it in leaves and dirt? That might explain the color, sort of a camoflage maybe? This dwarf here, Breyd is her name, is a druid. She might know more. Of course, the best way to know would be to wait til it hatches and see what comes out."

"Torben! See to the guests. The travelers will be needing lodging! What do I pay you for?" Nimmkelt shouted.

"You don't pay me..." Torben muttered under his breath. "I'll be paying you back for my da' burning down the inn till I die, ya' old coot." Looking up at Kayn and Breyda and the other woman, he said. "Got to go. I'll keep thinking about what type of egg that might be. Let me know if you find anything out. I'm interested in it."

He went and got a quill and a board with some paper tacked to it. Hopping up on the bar, he addressed the crowd.

"If any of ye lords and ladies be needing lodging, please register with me. A copper for the common room, a silver for a private room. Give me your name and your coin, and I'll show you to the rooms and the bath."

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna's clan had set up camp for the evening and her mother sent her out to search for herbs and other medicinals. They knew they were near a large village and intended to visit it the next day for barter.

She wandered through the strange rainforest. She had never been here before but her Mother had taught her well and she managed to find a nice supply of plants as well as some she kept separate for her mother to identify. As passed under one tall tree with vines hanging from it she felt a gentle pull, as if someone was calling to her. "I am here, I need you, you need me." A voice so soft in her mind it could hardly be called a voice.

She looked around but the pull was from above in the tree. The trunk was smooth but she tugged on several of the vines finding one she was sure would hold her and using it she managed to work her way up the trunk to the lower branches. Firmly in the branches she kept climbing. The tree seemed to go on forever but finally she neared the top. As the branches were beginning to get too small to hold her she came upon a large nest. A soft silvery light shone from the nest. Peering in she saw a large silvery white egg with a few small blue spots. Tentatively she touched the egg. It was warm and vibrant. She could feel life swiriling in it eager to break through. She picked it up, wrapping it carefully in her short cloak fastening it carefully to her chest. Looking out through the branches she realized she was very near the village.

She carefully descended the tree always fearful of damaging the precious egg.

When she reached the ground she headed into the village where she saw an inn. She stood for moment. Prehaps she should return home but again there was that soft voice in her head. "Go, there are friends there. I can sense them." She shook her head still hesitant but felt pushed and walked to the inn.

As she entered the inn she saw it was crowded with people but again there was a gentle mental shove and she moved toward two women, one had a panther with her. Rayenna thought to herself., "Animal companion. Most likely a druid. Prehaps she knows something about this strange egg that can communicate with me. Even push me around." She smiled to herself. Actually she liked the feel.

She approaches the two women. "Excuse me, I am Rayenna." She unwraps the egg and shows it to the women. "This sent me to find you. Prehaps you know what this is all about."

18. DarkStrider

[Breyd]
    "Hello Rayenna, my name is Breyd and I was hoping to find some answers myself, but it seems there are more questions" as she spoke she was opening her pack and brought forth a fur wrapped around something. She unwrapped the fur and there in the centre was a bright egg giving off a glow, it was the colour if burnished copper and there were streaks of red and orange as she held it a deep pulse rippled through the egg and the glow fell into step with th rhythm.
    Other patrons at nearby tables looked covetously at the egg and edged forward as if to take the egg.
    [/Breyd]

[Bast]
    Bast smelled the change in the two legs around her and her packmate and immediately came out from under the table, her hackles rose and she glared at the two-legs around her and gave a deep growl. The two-legs shifted back from her and she then paced gently round the table.
    [/Bast]

[Breyd]
    She was watching the egg now as fine cracks appeared in its surface, she felt the two women at the table watching this as well but didn't really take any notice, her attention focussed on the egg.
    Then the shell literally fell to pieces and the most beautiful creature Breyd had ever seen looked at her, its eyes were liquid pools of gold, with flecks of deeper oranges and reds in them. Its skin was a dark brown and the wings were copper in colour, as she took notice of this she had pulled some travel meat from her pack and started feeding the dragon, she looked at Rayenna and the other woman; joy, wonder and love in her eyes and in an amazed voice said "His name's Mnemeth".
    [/Breyd]

19. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro wasn't paying attention to naything in the room, his mind had wandered back to his old companions, the Company of the Shining Helm. He sighed into his ale as he remembered all the missed oppurtunities, and his beloved Annaiya.
    But thoughts of Annaiya always led to memories of Etaine, her lover, and the dreamy smile on his face was replaced by a scowl, and he took another long gulp of the ale, muttering darkly as he replaced it.

Alandra watched him carefully. Her brother had been behaving differently for a few weeks now. She supposed that the events of the last few months had unnerved him, but he was beginning to talk to himself.
    The others had thought he was talking to himself too, but then again, they hadn't known about her. Even so, he'd been rejected by his love, in favour of a man who couldn't walk and talk at the same time, and had seen his younger sister die, all within a month. No wonder he was unhinged.

She poked him gently in the shoulder

"Alandro, the room?" he voice was quiet, gentle, stirring him from his daydreams.
    Alandro nodded slowly, and wandered over to Torben.

"Master Halfing, I require a private room, with a fire, and a large kettle. My name is Alandro Faeylin. Here is my coin."

He handed it over.

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna looked with wonder at the young dragon. He was beautiful.

"Oh Breyd, this is wonderous. I wonder if all the eggs hatch dragons." She laughed. "That might cause problems for me. I wonder how Inns would feel about a bard who turned up with a dragon."

Looking around she becomes aware of the tension in the patrons around them. It was comprised of both fear and desire. She began to hum a gentle tune that sent out an aura of both friendship and goodwill. The other patrons began to relax, smiling and talking.

"My clan is camped near here and I need to get back to them before they send out searchers for me. I will return in the morning. Will you be here? Hopeful we can find someone who can explain these strange happenings." She looks sternly at the silver egg in her hands. "I must return to the Clan" She wraps the egg in her cloak and ties it to her chest. It rests gently against the amulet of the owl she wears and there is a tingly sensation coursing through the amulet and chain giving her a plesant shivery feeling. The soft voice sounds in her mind. "We must return to these women. It is important. The other one has an egg, too. " Somehow the egg turns her attention to a man and a hobbit. "They, too, have eggs. There are others here. We must meet with them." The voice has grown in strength and she has a feeling that trying to disobey it would be traumatic. Mentally she thinks back to it, "Yes, I promise we will return in the morning, the early morning but please let us go or my family and clan will tear the place apart looking for me."

She smiles at the two women. "I will return early tomarrow morning." With that she leaves the inn and heads home.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.