1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kuroisan is great

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by smelly commoner, Aug 3, 2005.

1. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] thankyou thankyou to the guy who did the tactics mod.
    just killed kuroisan . what a hoot funny as hell too.

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Go play the Ritual if you think Kuroisan is fun.

Hard maybe, but fun? I don't think so.

3. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Kuriosan is very fun if you have a thief - arrows of dispelling t get rid of all his stoneskins when prot. mag weapons runs out, then backstab with a plain weapon wooohhoooo, loads of fun... i agree :D

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Kuroisan is a power indeed, in first attempt I could not ven scratch him, but his major weakness is he can NOT see invisibility.(Mod makers? Do you intend to give him a True Sight? Or scrolls and the ability to use them?)

His katana is UBER powerful! My MP created kensai equipped with it and Celestial Fury+5 rocks hard! And a quick Spirit Armor makes his AC-9 thus his only weakness is gone too!
    KENSAIS RULE!!!

6. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thats exactly why that component is so terrible. The fight aside, once you win, you get a weapon that is near unmatched. Tactics is cheese, don't kid yourselves.

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

haha, i dont care... it makes things harder... Sanchadokuu (sp?) is great but i rarely use it. You have to be careful what you install... I usually miss Ilyich and undead 'improvements' these days and i have always missed fire giant imrovemnts but apart from that it adds to what is otherwise an easy game to beat. If I went back to unmodded I would lose interest in a heartbeat.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Improved undead is decent enough, no more just hack and slash when you face wimpy undead. You need to take counter-measures.

Ilyich is FUN too! If you like trying cheese ways and your luck...

FGiants...They ROCK hard! Impossible to defeat if you don't do some sort of cheese!

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    @Silverstar
    Given the recent exploits of thetruth, I wouldn't say that... :D

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Still it is fun, but only if you had beat the original game before, and preferably more than one time.

NOW I say, when I play Improved Bodhi, Irenicus and such, 'This is what it should have been in original!' O'course I mean no offense or disrespect for BlackIsle, I owe them soo much for such wonderful and brilliant games, still....

11. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Silverstar: Tactics is like HoF in IWD2 some people like it others don't. I feel that it goes too far, I use only a few elements of the tactics mod to add variety and challenge but "improved" elements are way too "improved" for my taste (no disrespect meant to the modders either), if you really like it, good for you... though your enthusiasm is understandable, I have to say that I disagree with you statement. ;)
    Have you tried Unfinished Business?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is kind of funny, I generally don't use the scrolls of magic protection anymore but in my last time through I decided to use one on Kurosian - it turned an otherwise interesting fight into a walk in the park. No stoneskins, no protection from magic weapons, no acid version of the fireshield = one easily butchered kensai.

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I HAD to use that kind of scroll to the MadCleric in the docks. There was NO other way to beat him in soo low level.

That is, once he got a random contingency and released 2 Incendiary Clouds which TOASTED and killled him! WHOA! He was really mad! :D

Anyway I RELOADED cos it was an AI stupidity and I do not like beating guys like that. Scroll disabled his casting though it does not dispel protections on him? WHY? Isn't it supposed to do this? In IWD2 it does dispelling too!

Plus where can you find such scrolls? Ribald had two but that's all? Or random loot from Skeleton Guys? (They like carrying high level scrolls for some reason) Help?

@Caradhras,

OK I do not expect EVERYBODY to be a masochist(URGH I really do not know how to spell this word) like me. BUT normal Bodhi is a weak fighter and does not even drink potions(if you have leveldrain immunity she is VERY easy.) Improved Bodhi is a sight to behold! Clever, powerful, ferocious and has COOL abilities! This can be said for Irenicus too!

So what elements you find 'too much' and avoid like a plague? I wonder this.

14. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Silverstar: here are the elements I like in Tactics: The Ritual, Improved TorGal and De'Arnisse Keep, Improved Crypt King, Smarter Dragons in SoA, Improved Copper Coronet, Improved Oasis... I also have Spell 50 and true grand mastery ;)
    I'm going to try the Streamlined Trolls component (I read your thread) and Improved Nymphs.
    So far I found TorGal too be almost overimproved, I read that improved Bodhi was way over the top (besides I never really understood why Bodhi was worth 96K... even more than Firkraag!) I didn't test it myself.
    If you have to be cheesy (and your opponents obviously are -improved Ilyich!-) I can't see the point really... I'd like to be convinced but things like the mad cleric (who can't be avoided) and the gnome from hell (both in the docks) just put me off.

15. angryguy Gems: 7/31

I'd love to see a mod that made battles harder, but without resorting to such blatant abuse as tactics. And didn't make you do the same. Sure, it wouldn't be as hard, but players like me (who'd be the ones using it) don't use prot from magic scrolls or wahever anyway.

They could even make a small attempt to make it blend with the game. Writing good dialogue would be a start....

*tries to learn weidu

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

You are right about Bodhi worthing 96k experience, heck she is the most generous critter XP wise, but she is rather weak. Improved Bodhi deserves her XP, and is VERY powerful and FUN, as she should be. TRY it and see!

Well cheese is fun if you ask me, but that is just me. If your opponents are tougher than you you must be SMART, no more just hack-and-slash, you must find some 'tricks' and have plenty of 'luck' at hand.

17. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31

Just jump back in here to say I've been battling the improved fire giants. Finding the massive regen too much even for this masochist.
    Been backstabbing with staff of the ram for around 120 damage and they are back to full health by the time I can hide and backstab them again. A critical would kill them outright but it took me forever to get them all.
    Am solo with F/M/T and not looking forward to the siege camp fight

18. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ angryguy: You should try one of the mods which reduces the XP you earn. Makes every fight just that bit harder without resorting to outright insanity and engine abuse that exists in a lot of "improved battles" mods.

Haven't had the pleasure of facing Kuroisan yet. To be honest, I believe that any fight which requires reload knowledge and/or game exploits to be won is really not worth it. Thankfully, Mr Weimer made it possible to install Tactics one component at a time.

I would have preferred Improved Bodhi to have only had her phenomenal powers the second time you face her. In Chapter 3, it's a case of run for your life as soon as she spawns, because you have almost no chance of survival otherwise. The Cloud of Bats ability is utterly busted (it is to Creeping Doom what Creeping Doom is to Magic Missile).

Oh, and if you think that Improved Irenicus was "fun", well, I suggest you try Improved Abazigal. Don't say I didn't warn you...

19. mexican Gems: 1/31

So the first time I saw Kuroisan he managed to spawn when I had almost zero health with every char and everyone was fatigued and out of spells, and I had to rush to the Thieves' Guild to pay of Renal. I ran away, did my duties, then prepared for him and he was gone. Uh, does he respawn? Or am I SOL?

20. Aahz Gems: 7/31

Silverstar, I'm curious why you didn't like the result you had with the Mad Cleric when he killed himself with the clouds. That's how I always kill him with a low-level party. Throw Chaos around (you don't have to target him since it's AoE) and he'll fail eventually. Then dispell (or just wait if you're lazy, possibly throwing another chaos or two) until some protections drop. His contingency will go off and he fries himself. One dead "cleric."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.